cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Converting hatches into draft entities

tushargadhave
10-Marble

Converting hatches into draft entities

Hi all,

I have a query realted to drawing.

I need to know if there is an option for converting hatches into draft entities.??
I want to copy hatching from one drawing to another and Im not able to do it.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Tushar...

I feel like I want to ask WHY you want to do this because it doesn't seem like something you'd ever want to do. You can store hatches and re-use them later (for cross-sections, etc). But this doesn't sound like what you're doing.

Here's how you can do this in Creo Elements/Pro (Wildfire 5):

(1) Select the view with the cross-hatching.

(2) From the Layout tab select Convert to Draft Group from the "Model Views" command group. This will turn the view into a group.

(3) Select Edit>Draft Group>Explode from the top menu (upper right corner).

(4) Choose Select and then pick the group created in the second step.

(5) Switch to the Sketch tab and you will be able to select the hatching. Alternate technique: Hold the ALT key while selecting the hatching (or dragging a lasso around it). By holding the ALT key, you don't have to switch tabs.

Sometimes it's necessary to use these steps if you're making a symbol with hatching. It's easier to grab the hatching from a view and import it into the symbol because there are no hatching capabilities inside the symbol editor.

I hope this answers your question!

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags