cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Converting the combined state MBD to 3D PDF

Naveen_Anandan
2-Guest

Converting the combined state MBD to 3D PDF

how to convert the combined state MBD with all annotations to 3D PDF in Creo?

4 REPLIES 4

@Naveen_Anandan wrote:

how to convert the combined state MBD with all annotations to 3D PDF in Creo?

Hi,

I am not sure whether this functionality is implemented.

Try exporting model into pvz format and open the file in Creo View Express.

Martin Hanák

There is no straight forward way to save MBD to 3D pdf.

Here are the few options:-

1. Go File>Print>, under Print configuration> Combines states> range , click on define.  here you select the range of combination views> printer selection must be PDF creator ( e.g. cute pdf) if you want to save as PDF. This option will print all commination view as PDF only in 2D.

2. File>Save as> PDF (U3D) - this option will save 3D model with Annotation , but only default combination view will display. PTC does not have the functionality to display all combination views in 3D PDF.

3. Buy 3rd party application to save MBD as 3D pdf. e.g. Tetra4D.

rmees-2
3-Visitor
(To:rnagpal)

I don't know why PTC chose to not provide either the Anark or Solidworks method of exporting MBD, via a 3D pdf.  Both of those packages can create multi-view viewport pdf which allows pre-set views that are rotatable.  Very clear, revision based......... I don't know why PTC doesn't also go this route.  

Does anybody?

sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:rmees-2)

Hello @Naveen_Anandan 

• Export of MBD in Creo View format is fully supported (even though not enabled per default), as long as Creo View recipe file (*.rcp) is properly configured
    • Refer to artciles 51476 and 286532 for eventual guidance in this direction
  • Current impossibility to export MBD in 3D PDF format from Creo Parametric is officially documented in article 252425
    • Product Management is aware of this request
    • We encourage whoever is interested by this feature to vote for Idea 583920 (21 votes currently) to help Product Managers prirotizing enhancements in future versions

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags