cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Copying sheet 1 contents to sheet 2

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite

Copying sheet 1 contents to sheet 2

I have to create 2 sheets which are 95% identical.

The 2nd sheet is extremely similar to the 1st sheet just few parts have to be deleted from the drawing views.

We are into mold making and the sheet 1 takes 1 full day and 1 full day for sheet 2.

Is there any way in which I can copy the contents from sheet 1 into sheet 2??

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:sparulekar)

You can right mouse button on the sheet tab you want to copy, there is a Move or Copy pick. This works well for views and most annotations but what it doesn't work for is dimensions. For Creo, you can only show a dimension once pm a drawing, so when you copy the sheet, the dimensions don't show up on the copy.

I don't know if this helps you but it will get you some stuff.

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite
(To:StephenW)

Thank you for your response!

In the 2nd sheet i need to delete some elements in a view due to which i end up losing all the bom balloons. Is it possible to keep the balloons of the remaining elements which have not been deleted?

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:sparulekar)

Sparulekar,

You can save the existing drawing to a new drawing, and then simply merge the existing drawing and the new drawing together.

In drawing mode, use LAYOUT (tab), INSERT (group), IMPORT DRAWING/DATA to merge the new drawing into the existing drawing.

Regards,

Dan N.

sparulekar
14-Alexandrite
(To:dnordin)

Thank you for your response!!

Top Tags