cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Create IFX files with different names

Victor_Brumatto
7-Bedrock

Create IFX files with different names

I'm creating an assembly in Creo 9 where each subset has a different PROJECT_NAME and I would like the IFX items to have PROJECT_NAME at the beginning of their names. It's possible?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi ptc-5764387,

Thank you for your question.

I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. This will make it easier for you to receive meaningful help from other Community members.

Regards,
Andra

Hi achirila,

IFX always creates elements with the same name, I would like to have the option to create them with different names or not, just like profiles in AFX.

IFX and AFX are 2 different types of systems.

IFX should be used for common items (hardware like nuts, bolts and washers, etc.) and in most companies these have 'standard' part numbers used in many different assemblies.

AFX is used generally for piping or structures where you have a lot of individual pieces making up the assembly. If used correctly, AFX does have a reuse option so you have the same part used in multiple locations, if needed.

BenLoosli, I understand perfectly but in my case the fixings cannot have the same model name in different assemblies. There are internal parameters that would be different and being the same model I cannot easily vary them. I'm having to create a family table or  flexible components.

Top Tags