cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Create Surface Constraints

cnajafi
1-Newbie

Create Surface Constraints

I have a flange with 12 holes dia .112" on it. I want to constrain only 2xD surface under the flang without adding any additional features. How's That possible sadasdasdasdasdas.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured how to do it. I needed to constraint the a surface with area of 2 times bigger than thru holes without adding any feature to it (adding or removing material) as you can see in the picture. The solution is to create an extrude as surface style and not solid. it is important to consider end cap for feature and the surface of that cap be flush with the surface of the flange. if somebody needs to more info let me know so I can post explain better with some screen shots.

Tnkx

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NickMihelich
6-Contributor
(To:cnajafi)

not sure what your asking what is your end goal?

Are you asking for the flange thickness to be two times the diameter of your 12 holes?

Thanks, Dale

I figured how to do it. I needed to constraint the a surface with area of 2 times bigger than thru holes without adding any feature to it (adding or removing material) as you can see in the picture. The solution is to create an extrude as surface style and not solid. it is important to consider end cap for feature and the surface of that cap be flush with the surface of the flange. if somebody needs to more info let me know so I can post explain better with some screen shots.

Tnkx

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:cnajafi)

Hello Camron,

thanks for getting back to the thread after solving the problem!

I believe I understand:

• You needed a specific reference, but didn't want to add/remove material.
  • And you solved it by adding a surface feature instead of a solid feature

I am specifying your own post as Correct answer, to mark this thread as "Answered"

Gunter

Top Tags