cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Create a image that you can rotate with help of a CAD assembly

bbrannerud
1-Newbie

Create a image that you can rotate with help of a CAD assembly

Hello how do i create an image that you can rotate and look at The product from different sides? Often used at webpages. Here is an exanple:

http://lh-camera.dk/en/products/underwater-video-camera/hd-underwater-video-camera/

You can here rotate the image of the camera?

Can you do this with an cad file?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bbrannerud)

I saved the attached simple part as a u3d pdf file and it initially opens in acrobat reader 11 looking like a screenshot but there is a 'CLICK TO ACTIVATE' notification that is on the window and then a "3D CONTENT HAS BEEN DISABLED" notification also. Once I click to activate and enable the 3D content option, I can rotate the file.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
kdirth
20-Turquoise

Saving it as a 3D PDF is the only method within CREO I know of.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

I did not find any 3d pdf ? what is the name of the file format?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Under FILE - SAVE AS - SAVE A COPY.

set type to PDF or PDF U3D

I tried that format but it is for me just like a normal PDF? how do I rotate the image?

Do I need a special program for that?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I saved the attached simple part as a u3d pdf file and it initially opens in acrobat reader 11 looking like a screenshot but there is a 'CLICK TO ACTIVATE' notification that is on the window and then a "3D CONTENT HAS BEEN DISABLED" notification also. Once I click to activate and enable the 3D content option, I can rotate the file.

Thank you!!

kdirth
20-Turquoise

It must be saved as a PDF U3D.  Click on the image to activate it in 3D.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
StephenW
23-Emerald II

VRML used to be the way to do it. I don't know if that is still an option though.

hmm okey, have not heard about that

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If I remember correctly, you can open the VRML file (.wrl) in internet explorer.  It has been 15 or more years since I used that format so I don't remember any of the details.

You'll probably benefit from googling it.

Top Tags