cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creating BOM with multiple dash numbers

BrianStoddard
1-Newbie

Creating BOM with multiple dash numbers

Is there a way in Creo to have a bill of material with multiple dash numbers on the same BOM?? I got it to where one sheet has the BOM for a -1 of an assembly and sheet 2 has the BOM for the -2 of the assembly. I want to combine them so they are on the same BOM. Also, they are not part of a family table, if that makes a difference. Also, if they can be combined, will Creo still be able to generate balloons for the combined BOM. I'm running Creo Parametric 1.0. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Brian,

Did you find an answer for this?

I hope two parts that I would like on the same BOM in different columns and it seems similar to this.

Thanks, Dale

bom_tabulated.jpg

You can get halfway there. You can have multiple models in the same smart table with Repeat Regions, but you can't generate BOM balloons.

Create a table with a Repeat Region like you normally would for a Bill of Materials. Create multiple columns for rpt.qty. Then go to Table > Repeat Region > Column Model/Rep. Select one of the rpt.qty cells, and in the File > Open dialog box, select the assembly that should drive the quantities for that column. Rows will be added to the table as necessary for components that appear in the added assembly and not in the starting assembly.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
Top Tags