cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creating STEP files w/surface instead of solid output

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Creating STEP files w/surface instead of solid output

I had a complex shape that I created a STEP file of and used the "Surfaces" option. There were a bunch of small gaps not in the solid model that were causing me a LOT of trouble downstream. I tried using the Shells" option and it worked a LOT better. There was only one small gap, and none of the slivers that the surfaces model had. I was using it as imported geometry in another model, and didn't want all the baggage of an Inheritance model in the file.

Of note, I do NOT like WF4's "Import Data Doctor", I liked the old AUTOMATIC "Fix Gaps" options. Now, it seems much more difficult to fix things, and it seems like you must do everything manually, and without training it's gonna be a real pain to try and use...... SW is far superior in this regard as to importing and fixing files at the touch of a button. There, I said it. (But that's the only area I think it's better in......)

Hope this helps.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags