cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creating Solid /Eggshell from Cross Sections

Henry_H
6-Contributor

Creating Solid /Eggshell from Cross Sections

R2008.jpg

We are creating a solid model of a conductor which has a trapezoidal cross section.  The conductor traverses a random path.  We have 2D profiles all along it's path.  What is the best method for creating a solid of the conductor described by these numerous cross sections.  In the attached example, a trapezoid is formed by pts 0 to 3, and another by 4 to 7.  We wish to sweep a constant cross section joining the trapezoids formed by those 2 sets of points.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Henry_H)

I think you will be using a sweep. You need to sketch your trajectory and you can use the points as reference for your section.

It's a very general question so unfortunately the answer is pretty general too.

Henry_H
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

So right now, I just have the 4 points for each trapezoid, without a trajectory.  One could be constructed by calculating a center point for each of the 4-point groups, but the cross section would have to be aligned with the 4 corner points.  There are a lot of cross sections, so this would have to be something that could be repeated over and over.

Hi,

it would be good if you could upload a Creo model containing points and also a photo of the real product.

Martin Hanák
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:Henry_H)

From your description, I have no idea what you're talking about trying to make.  As suggested, a picture of the real product would make it easier, or a pic of at least an attempt to model what you're talking about.

Top Tags