cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creating a V groove weld in 3D model

ChristianSmith
1-Newbie

Creating a V groove weld in 3D model

I just started with a new company and I downgraded from WF5 to WF4. I have a part that I need to put a V groove weld so that it's flush with the surface. I'm used to the weld wizard or whatever it's called but the version I'm using now doesn't have that. I have a rectangular box with six pieces of steel each with chamfered edges on the ends to allow for welding. The union of two plates creates a V groove, in that V groove I want to weld but for some reason I can't figure out the process using the weld tool. I created a fillet weld just fine but the V groove won't work for some reason. Can anybody help me with this? I looked up in help and couldn't seem to find anything to help me. There were instructions on how to create a V groove and I thought I followed them. When I was done selecting the edges that I wanted welded it should have asked me to choose a material side but it didn't. When I went into edit definition the material side field said required...I clicked on it and clicked define but nothing happened. So I don't know if it's my comp, my procedure, or what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

tombstone.JPG

The groove in red is just one of the grooves I need welded...If you can see where two plates come together there is a V groove I need all of those welded.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags