cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creating a drawing "template view" which shows the model annotations

BWS
9-Granite
9-Granite

Creating a drawing "template view" which shows the model annotations

Hello,

I was wondering how you can add Template views to an drawing template file, and have it show all the model annotations from the model.

The model annotations that I manually added, are not shown automatically now. Is there a setting for this?

See picture:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:BWS)

@BWS Thanks for the image, dimension in image is 3d annotation and setting the config in last reply should help you. But only condition for that is annotation in 3d annotation should parallel to view.  

anno.jpg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@BWS 

Switch to template mode from drawing using Tools > Template.

Open drawing template > Tools > Template > Template VIew

Yes, I have added multiple template views.

But when I make a drawing of an existing model with annotations, these annotations are not shown on the drawing template. I only get the model itself without any dimensions/annotations.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@BWS 

When inserting template view, check "dimensions" to show on crating view. 

Also, check config auto_show_3d_detail_items as yes to show 3d annotation in drawing. 

Can you share a sample part explaining what you want to show?

Thank you.

I've seen the option to show dimensions. But when I check that box, ALL dimensions are shown.

I only want the annotations on the drawing that are added by myself, and not the model parameter dimensions.

See picture, I would like to have exactly this view with the dimension shown on the picture.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@BWS Thanks for the image, dimension in image is 3d annotation and setting the config in last reply should help you. But only condition for that is annotation in 3d annotation should parallel to view.  

anno.jpg

Thanks alot. It is working now!

The problem was that the dimensions were not parralel to the view on the template.

Hello,

Is it possible to make an isometric annotation plane, create dimensions on multiple sides of the "cube", and use this view on a drawing template with all the dimensions shown as in the picture?

Thanks!

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@BWS 

Dimensions in isometric view can display by setting drawing option allow_3d_dimension to yes. Once it is set as yes use Show model annotations to display dimensions in isomeric view. 

Top Tags