cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creating a simple hole in Pro/e wildfire 5.0

ptc2011
1-Newbie

Creating a simple hole in Pro/e wildfire 5.0

Hi All,

I am returning to Pro/e after a while and I was trying to create a simple hole by defining the sketch option.

I was not able to create the hole even after several attempts. The error shown was that the existing centerline can't be used for axis of revolution

Could someone tell me where I'm going wrong.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

There are two types of centerlines in wf5.

You have to use a geometry centerline , i think that whats wrong..

Thanks Jasper,

I tried the geometric centerline and the hole was created successfully.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:ptc2011)

Another note is you don't need to delete an already existing centerline if it is causing trouble and create a geometry centerline. Just select the already existing centerline, right mouse click, and select Axis of Revolution.

ptc2011
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

thanks Kevin.

Start your sketched hole by creating your centerline, while it is still highlighted, RMB and select Axis of Revoution you should see it change color and line style reflect centerline style, then sketch your profile.

Top Tags