cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 1.0 Local Config.pro

BrettL.
11-Garnet

Creo 1.0 Local Config.pro

Hello

I could use some help. I am evaluating Creo 1.0, M020 Datecode. We currently use a global config.pro combined with a local (user) config.pro. While in the configuration editor, is there a way to just view the local config.pro and export just the local if changes are made? Previous versions let you pick the file displayed by local or global with a file path.

thanks

BL

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Brett,

I would like to know the answer to your question, too.

BTW, I think in Creo 1.0 it is not possible to distinguish the content of config.pro files loaded during startup.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Brett,

If I understand correctly try unchecking the 'show current session option' in the 'display filter' (see attached)

Regards,

Marc

configuration_editor.jpg

Hi Marc,

I tried turning off the "show current session" in the display filter. The problem is when I export the config.pro, I get the the combined options of the global config.pro, default.pro (sup) and and my local config.pro. It doesn't see to distinguish between local, load point and system default when you export--it combines them all into 1. Previous versions did not have this issue and could easily toggle between the different files and save. I can work around it by exporting to a different directory and editing the config.pro with notepad to carve out the non-local options.

I don't know if this is an oversight or there is a specific reason this is occurring.

thanks

Brett

Hi Brett,

When launching Creo I already have customer specific config files loaded in the working directory. I normaly save working directory config files (if changes are needed) with the 'show current session' ticked. I save the changes to the working directory, and when doing so I see no changes occurr to the config files in global load point.

Where are your local config files loaded?

Regards,

Marc

Marc,

in Wildfire 5.0 and also in Creo Parametric 1.0 you can use config.pro files located in three directories:

LOADPOINT\text

USER_HOMEDIR

STARTUP_DIR

Inside Wildfire 5.0 you can edit any of these files individually.

Creo Parametric 1.0 merges these files into one and you have no chance to separate them.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Checking with 'system information' (see below) suggests that when launching Creo Parametric 1.0 it still reads seperate config files during a program start.

config.jpg

Regards,

Marc

Martin>>

Hopefully we will have the "old" functionality back on a later release as my loadpoint\text config.pro has a lot of options that are hard to wade through. I use a lot of mapkeys and other specific settings for effcicieny and prefer to save these back to my startup config.pro. I guess for now, the copy and paste or manual add tecnhique will need to be used.

I just want to know the reason for the change.

Brett

jkent
3-Visitor
(To:BrettL.)

Open a call with PTC and have them add your call to SPR 2095853. Ability to view and save options loaded from different configuration files is lost in Creo Parametric 1.0.

Top Tags