cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo 1.0 Simulate Issue - "Model is insufficiently constrained"

ptc-4456390
1-Newbie

Creo 1.0 Simulate Issue - "Model is insufficiently constrained"

Hi, I am trying to run a simple stress analysis on an assembly using a static analysis, but I keep getting the error:

"The model is insufficiently constrained for the analysis. Please review the element connections,

properties, and constraints in highlighted entities. If this is a modal analysis, then you may be

able to obtain a solution by requesting additional modes."

Total Assembly:

creo1.JPG

Latch:

creo3.JPG

Pin

creo2.JPG

Error

creo4.JPG

I have defined:

-materials

-surface-surface contacts

-hole constraint in all directions on latch

-surface constrait on all pin surfaces in all directions, except X (same direction as load)

I tried doing the same analysis on a single part (rather than an assembly) and it works fine.

Does anybody have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks a lot

Mark M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark,

Make sure the material files have Denisity, Young's Modulas, and Possions assigned in them.

Don

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Mark,

Is the latch fixed so that it can't move using a displacement constraint?
I'm assuming the pin has some freedom to move. The pin is fixed in what directions using a displacement
constraint?

Thanks,
Don Anderson

Mark,

Make sure the material files have Denisity, Young's Modulas, and Possions assigned in them.

Don

and Yes, both parts were assigned steel from the material library and they have those 3 properties.

Thanks

The latch is constrained in all directions in that hole using a displacement constraint.

The pin in constrained in all directions except X (same direction as load arrows in first picture) using a displacement constraint.

The reason the pin is much more constrained is because the error screen always points to the pin "elements" (as seen on the Error picture), so I tried many different constraints:

-Surfaces---->Individual----->Surface Set (all surfaces on pin)

-Surfaces---->Boundary

-Curves/Edges

Heres some other views of the error:

creo6.JPG

creo7.JPG

Thanks Don.

Mark,

Take a look at the attached file. It might give you some ideas.

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/2722-102-1-3146/asm0001.asm.zip

Don

Thanks but I only have the student version of Creo, not the commercial one so it wont open.

Mark,

Upload your files and I will take a look.

Don

I figured it out, it was a material property issue. Thanks a lot

Hi Mark,

Now I also get this kind of problem. Could you kindly tell me the detail about the material property issue.

Thanks a lot.

Raphael

Dear Sir,

I made a tank model which is closed all side and applied pressure from inside, during analysis model failed in meshing, while check in review geometry and auto-gem, there is no error, please solve this issue 

i had already check factors Denisity, Young's Modulas, and Possions.

Top Tags