cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 10.0.2 Crashes while opening large Assembly

ashaik
2-Guest

Creo 10.0.2 Crashes while opening large Assembly

Dear PTC Team,

I have created & modifed on Huge ASsembly file for one of my project. After couple of days, While Opening same Assembly file again for some modification, Creo 10.0.2 software keep getting crash.

Do you have any solutions for such Crashes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ashaik)

There is no "one" solution for assembly crashes. When I have a problem, I usually trouble shoot by opening sub-assemblies to see if there are any specific sub-assemblies or parts with issues.

If not, then I open the top level using simplifed reps with No components and then start adding components to the rep to see if I can understand where it  is crashing. 

I usually take time to fix regeneration problems, reference errors, other model problems that show up also. These can have a major affect on model performance.

If your computer isn't a workstation with a good graphics card and a reasonable amount of memory, you may not be able to open large assemblies without a good plan using simplified reps.   You can check you ram usage while opening a large assembly by using task manager and monitoring your ram usage to see if you are maxing out your ram. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ashaik)

There is no "one" solution for assembly crashes. When I have a problem, I usually trouble shoot by opening sub-assemblies to see if there are any specific sub-assemblies or parts with issues.

If not, then I open the top level using simplifed reps with No components and then start adding components to the rep to see if I can understand where it  is crashing. 

I usually take time to fix regeneration problems, reference errors, other model problems that show up also. These can have a major affect on model performance.

If your computer isn't a workstation with a good graphics card and a reasonable amount of memory, you may not be able to open large assemblies without a good plan using simplified reps.   You can check you ram usage while opening a large assembly by using task manager and monitoring your ram usage to see if you are maxing out your ram. 

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:StephenW)

Hi @StephenW 

I usually check trail file when the opening and loading operation crashed if exists.

There can be found interesting information what subassembly or model could be the case of the crash.

If the trail does not exist I do same as you have described.

PetrH

Top Tags