cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Creo 10 Flat Pattern a sheet metal Blend part that does not have constant radius.

DerrickVanNieke
4-Participant

Creo 10 Flat Pattern a sheet metal Blend part that does not have constant radius.

Hi all, I have been searching the forum, and could not find the same issue, similar, but not same.

This is a straight forward part that I am trying to get flat, any ideas how to do it? I used a blend to make it, if there is a different way to make it please point me in that direction?

I did try flatten quilt, but the measurements are off for sure. 

any help would be greatly apprecaited!

DerrickVanNieke_0-1709027327683.png

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When I've had to make these types of things, for parts with complex curvature, I make the flat pattern as follows:

(1) Make an offset surface to the middle of the part thickness.

(2) Use flatten quilt on that mid surface to create the flat pattern shape.

(3) Make a solid feature with the flat surface with the necessary thickness.

It's not a sheet metal part, and people will say it's not completely 100% accurate, but it has worked okay for me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I can't open Creo 10 files.

I suspect your surface is not-developable. 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Flat-Pattern-of-partial-cone/m-p/646988

Hi Stephen, thanks for replying, it seems non-developable in CREO perhaps, but I mean this is a very real word scenario. do you perhaps have an idea of how it would be done in a real world scenario. there has to be a way he he, must just figure it out?

maybe someone knows the correct way to make a part like this?

thanks for the reply, 

Derrick

When I've had to make these types of things, for parts with complex curvature, I make the flat pattern as follows:

(1) Make an offset surface to the middle of the part thickness.

(2) Use flatten quilt on that mid surface to create the flat pattern shape.

(3) Make a solid feature with the flat surface with the necessary thickness.

It's not a sheet metal part, and people will say it's not completely 100% accurate, but it has worked okay for me.

I'm gonna try this thanks for taking the time, I hope this is a solution he he, will know by tonight.

thanks

Derrick

Top Tags