cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 11 top row number characters (e.g. @) stop working for mapkeys after a new part is created

CA_10146793
8-Gravel

Creo 11 top row number characters (e.g. @) stop working for mapkeys after a new part is created

I am using Creo Parametric Release 11.0 and Datecode11.0.1.0

In Creo 11, after creating a new part (e.g. ctrl-n), the keyboard does not type an "@" character (shift+2) into the lower menu space (where the message log is shown), for example to trigger a mapkey name that contains "@". All shift characters have the same problem after a new part is created. I have confirmed that I can type the @ character into the menu space before creating the new part. The characters can still be typed into the "search" field so it is not a hardware issue. I have also confirmed that Creo 10 does not exhibit this problem.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

please report described behavior to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

I have confirmed the behavior in Creo 11.0.0 and also confirmed this does not happen in Creo 9.  I agree with @MartinHanak - you should open up a ticket with PTC so they can file a bug report (SPR).

Thank you both, case opened.  I first posted on the forum as per initial action suggested by PTC support "bot".  Additionally:

• Confirmed while on support call with PTC that shift+1, shift+2, and shift+3 keyboard inputs are being ignored in Creo 11 while a part is in session but are received in Creo 10.  Any subsequent keyboard input of "allowed" characters (after the ignored characters are attempted) are received.
  • Also I should mention for clarity that I have previously confirmed that the mapkeys with "@" may still be successfully triggered by mouse/menu action in both Creo 10 and Creo 11
  • They are working on it

Hello @CA_10146793 

Just for information, this issue is with R&D now. 

Thanks. 

Thank you Mahesh. 

FYI all:

The cause appears to be that new keyboard shortcuts for shift 1-3 were released in Creo 11.  I did not initially detect the conflict - new keyboards shortcuts; they can be easily seen by "Show/Commands with assigned shortcuts" in Options.  However Creo did not alert me to any conflicts, which was the behavior in Creo 10 where the user was given the option to automatically resolve detected conflicts.  Resetting the keyboard shortcuts to default did reveal conflicts and prompt to resolve.

I am also checking into the reason for why $F2 mapkey can no longer be triggered by the keyboard in sketch mode (have not yet identified keyboard conflict).

Hi @CA_10146793 

Thanks for the update. I agree missing Conflict dialog can lead the confusion as in your case. 

About $F2, default assignment of F2 is to Rename, but that can clear from Windows Shortcut. Created a sample mapkey with keystroke F2 and that worked well for me with keyboard input. If possible share the F2 mapkey to review. 

Thanks 

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags