cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 2.0 - Datum Planes (older version vs. newer version)

rreiff
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 - Datum Planes (older version vs. newer version)

All,

I have spend many hours trying to figure out how to change a Datum Plane feature in the drawing mode; such as, verifying the older Datum plane option is active, etc,.....

In a model and drawing mode, the Datum Plane feature behavior is different.

In the model mode, I have 3 options for a Datum Plane feature as shown below.

model+b.JPG

While in the Drawing mode, I only 2 options

DATUM+B+DRAWING.JPG

Trying to present the Datum Plane on the drawing using the older version. in the image below, I want to use the type on the left NOT the right. (I created this image for show only).

DATUM+B+WANT.JPG

Any suggestions how to get the Datums to appear on the left on a drawing???

Would appreciate any input, thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:rreiff)

Try this ....

in detail options...."gtol_datum"...set it to ansi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Raymond,

I am almost sure that it is not possible to display "old set datum symbol" in the drawing.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

You could make a symbol for the drawing that referenced the datum in the text portion of the symbol.

"&dtm_b" will reference the "B" datum in the model. If you have an assembly you could add ":0" (where 0 is the Session ID for the model).

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:rreiff)

Try this ....

in detail options...."gtol_datum"...set it to ansi

I was wrong. Rohit's setting works well.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags