cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 - Datum Planes (older version vs. newer version)

rreiff
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 - Datum Planes (older version vs. newer version)

All,

I have spend many hours trying to figure out how to change a Datum Plane feature in the drawing mode; such as, verifying the older Datum plane option is active, etc,.....

In a model and drawing mode, the Datum Plane feature behavior is different.

In the model mode, I have 3 options for a Datum Plane feature as shown below.

model+b.JPG

While in the Drawing mode, I only 2 options

DATUM+B+DRAWING.JPG

Trying to present the Datum Plane on the drawing using the older version. in the image below, I want to use the type on the left NOT the right. (I created this image for show only).

DATUM+B+WANT.JPG

Any suggestions how to get the Datums to appear on the left on a drawing???

Would appreciate any input, thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:rreiff)

Try this ....

in detail options...."gtol_datum"...set it to ansi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Raymond,

I am almost sure that it is not possible to display "old set datum symbol" in the drawing.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

You could make a symbol for the drawing that referenced the datum in the text portion of the symbol.

"&dtm_b" will reference the "B" datum in the model. If you have an assembly you could add ":0" (where 0 is the Session ID for the model).

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:rreiff)

Try this ....

in detail options...."gtol_datum"...set it to ansi

I was wrong. Rohit's setting works well.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags