cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 2.0 Distributed Batch.

kzmt
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Distributed Batch.

Hello.

Im looking for any informations about distributed batch in CREO Parametric 2.0. In Pro/engineer i see was a small free program wchich help convert in one operation few .drw

to, for example: pdf format.

So,

1. My company have license to CREO parametric 2.0, but i wonder if CREO 2 have this type of module, (when yes), does my company have to

purchase another license for DB?

2. So second thing is, how to install it? Or maybe i can use some different optsion to do a batch processing some drw to pdf?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:kzmt)

Hi,

if Creo Distributed Batch is installed then there is ptcdbatch.bat file in Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin drirectory.

In Czech environment I had to modify this file - I added the following line at the beginning of the file:

set PRO_LANG=english

When you launch ptcdbatch.bat file the following window will open.

cdb.png

Using UI you can define required action. DSM = Standalone enables you to run a batch on your PC, only. You do not need to buy special batch license.

On the other side, if you want to run batch on specific PC in your network, then you have to buy special batch license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Creo Distributed Batch needs to be install as additional feature in Creo 2.0. This is available under Customize > Additional features when installing Creo 2.0.

i didnt see any Distribution Batch in customize> additional features while installation...

can you please tell  which option to select???

Hi,

during installation you have to click Customize button

customize1.png

and check Creo Distributed Computing Extension item.

customize2.png

MH

Martin Hanák
srajbhar
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

i tried to reconfigure the installation, but i didn't find any options like that...

below is the snapshot..

DM.jpg

srajbhar
4-Participant
(To:srajbhar)

Hey Martin,

i got that!!!..its there when we install/add new feature in existing software...

thanks!!

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

if Creo Distributed Batch is installed then there is ptcdbatch.bat file in Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin drirectory.

In Czech environment I had to modify this file - I added the following line at the beginning of the file:

set PRO_LANG=english

When you launch ptcdbatch.bat file the following window will open.

cdb.png

Using UI you can define required action. DSM = Standalone enables you to run a batch on your PC, only. You do not need to buy special batch license.

On the other side, if you want to run batch on specific PC in your network, then you have to buy special batch license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Many thanks for reply.

But whats happen when my comapny dosent have license on each Computer, but have a floating licenses wchich

every PC (where is installation of Creo), "download" from our license server?

In this situation also i can use standalone license? (i want use DB only on one PC where i currently work on creo installation, i dont need use DB on network)

So second thing is when i dont have a administration pr. on my computer, it is neccesary to reinstal creo for install DB?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Hi,

Distributed Batch is free (no license required). "Standalone" in Martin's reply is for service manager, if you don't have advance licenses for service manager you can use Standalone. You can simply execute the Distributed batch referring the steps in earlier reply.

If you didn't install distributed batch earlier, you can install distributed batch from installation media (using setup.exe)

ms-6
6-Contributor

Martin,

Can we access this function through VB API and perform required action?

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:ms-6)

Hi,

I am sorry I do not know if it is possible. I guess correct answer is ​NO​.

MH

Martin Hanák
mike3208
6-Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to run Creo Distributed Batch for the files stored in Windchill workspace and select Stand alone for a server. For some reason, it starts a process but fails no matter what tast I choose.

Should I run Creo in background when using the Distributed batch or do other things?

Thanks,

Michael

ptc-2235831
4-Participant
(To:mike3208)

I am attempting the exact SAME task having the same results running CREO 3.0 - can anyone out there help to resolve this issue?

mike3208
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-2235831)

Hi,

I figured it out for my organization, it might depend on the way Creo installed at yours.

We use share drive (server) with Creo installed there, the main config.pro file is read from there too.

The solution is to run Distributed Batch from the share drive (server) and not from your local machine.

Once you run in from a share drive (server), define in Distributed Batch settings "local machine".

Michael

Hello,

We are using Creo 3.0 M120.  I'd love to get the Distributed batch working.  I don't quite follow your post.  Creo is installed locally on the machine.  We have a WindChill server, and have floating licenses.  Distributed Batch Settings? Can you give some more detail?  Thanks in advance!

ChiselnMallet,

Please view the below thread. there might be an answer to your question:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/Creo-2-0-Distributed-Batch/td-p/232918

Regards,

Michael

Hi, thanks... Nothing in there helped.  I tried all that before.  The error I get is that it's unable to connect to CREO

OPERATION | STATUS | COMMENTS
--------------------------------------------------------------
Connected to Creo Pro | Failed | [-1] Error: General problem during data conversion.; C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M120\Parametric\bin\..\bin\parametric.exe

This is the error I get in the log file file after dbatch fails.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have an idea to solve the above.

Seems like it has a connection to Creo, but fails during file creation...

Did you try creating other types of files?

For example, see the attached file.

Hi,

just FYI ... in Czech local environment Distributed Batch does not work. I had to set English local environment.

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Did you mange to work on Distributed batch? If any of the information helps you, mark the appropriate replay as correct answer.

Top Tags