cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 2.0 (M010) - Cannot Dimension Sketch in Drawing

msteis
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 (M010) - Cannot Dimension Sketch in Drawing

Hopefully someone can help... The intent is to be able to dimension to theo. sharp corners in the top view of my drawing. I created a sketch in my part file by projecting lines before adding rounds to break my corners. In the drawing file, I should be able to add dimensions such as angles, widths, etc. to the sketch, and between model and sketch entities. Creo will let me add simple radius and diameter dimensions, but no angles or widths to the sketch in the drawing that I need.

I do this with bolt circles all the time. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or different, other than projecting lines rather than drawing them.

Thanks,

Matt

Capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

if you need a dimmension of theo "sharp edge" than try following:

In model:

1. sketch an extrude with sharp edges (make dimmensions else you wish) --- complete an extrude

2. make a round feater on sharp edges

3. In drawing show/call dimmensions of thise 2 feateres

RESULT:

star.JPG

TIPs:

It´s better to use more simplier featers rather than 1 complex.

msteis
1-Newbie
(To:vmráz)

Vojtech,

Thanks for the reply. The only problem is that these dimensions do not exist in my case. I didn't think to mention my complete workflow to get to this point. This is a tool to create a part face detail. (It is a mirror image of the part I have to manufacture).

I create the "finished part" part that I need to produce. From there, I use the assembly driven cut-out feature in Creo to add the face detail to my "tool" part. In this case, I projected a sketch in the "finished part" part of the detail before adding corner break radii. Then in my "tool" part, I projected that sketch to form another sketch to show in my "tool" drawing. This method works well as the entire tool set is driven by the specs of the part to be produced.

Thanks,

Matt

Try to create sketch with dimmensions and call them later in drawing. It works well for simplier models. If you need 50-100 dimmensions, thise method will be complecated.

dimm_sketch.JPG

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags