cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Creo 2.0 M090 - Mirror a part in an assembly

ptc-2803746
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 M090 - Mirror a part in an assembly

Hello !

I just migrated from WF4 to Creo 2.0 M090 and I'm trying to mirror a part in an assembly, using a datum plane as reference.

I am selecting the part, selecting the datum plane and using the Mirror command (modifiers --> mirror). The thing is that I tried it on many several ways and it doesn't works. Does anybody know how to do it ?

I just got a support answer suggesting to create a new part, using a mirror option. However, It isn't my intention to create a new part.

I'm attaching a very simple assy with a part and a ADTM1 plane to be used as reference.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion !

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-2803746)

The suggestion by support was correct but the terminology used in Creo (and pro/e) has always been misleading.

In an assembly, you can create a mirror placement of a current part by selected the create component icon, then selecting mirror in the COMPONENT CREATE dialog box. You have to give it a name but it won't end up being used. Once you select OK, you get a second dialog box and you select the MIRROR PLACEMENT ONLY radio button, then select the part you want to mirror and the plane you want to mirror about. You can use the preview at the bottom of the dialog to see what it will look like.

It's really misleading because you have to give a new name even though you are actually only mirroring an existing part.

have fun

Steve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forum. You can't create a mirror of the part such that it would create solid features in the assembly...unless you only have cuts. If you don't want to create another part, then you can perform a mirror within the part itself. Either activate the part or open the part and then go to:

Operations (model tab pulldown) -->Feature Operations-->copy-->Mirror,All Feat, Dependent, Done --> pick your datum for the mirror.

You can also mirror individual features using the mirror button but it may have unexpected results on some kinds of features. Does that get you the results you want?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-2803746)

The suggestion by support was correct but the terminology used in Creo (and pro/e) has always been misleading.

In an assembly, you can create a mirror placement of a current part by selected the create component icon, then selecting mirror in the COMPONENT CREATE dialog box. You have to give it a name but it won't end up being used. Once you select OK, you get a second dialog box and you select the MIRROR PLACEMENT ONLY radio button, then select the part you want to mirror and the plane you want to mirror about. You can use the preview at the bottom of the dialog to see what it will look like.

It's really misleading because you have to give a new name even though you are actually only mirroring an existing part.

have fun

Steve

Great !

The option "MIRROR PLACEMENT ONLY" was the missing point.

Without I was creating an unwanted new part.

Thanks a lot !!!

Top Tags