cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 2.0 M180: Routing thru network

abesau
2-Guest

Creo 2.0 M180: Routing thru network

I'm getting the following failure while attempting to auto-route a very simple cable from connector A to connector B.  Yes, networks are continuous per the "check continuity" command in CREO

FAILURE: "No path through network"

Anyone else seen this failure, but most important anyone know how to address this failure?

Tried searching here (PTC.com) but I find the search feature in this site very useless.  As I search for "No path through network" and get non-relevant results to my search.

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
jstone
4-Participant
(To:abesau)

Sometimes I have to help it along.  Have you tried a simple route and then tried to reroute.  After you pick the first point you will see if the path through the network is valid.

Thanks,

jef

Thanks Jeff.  Yes, that's what I'm doing now.  That's what doesn't make sense, most of the other wires auto-routed just fine following the same network path except for this one.  I'm working a harness that has 380ish wires, and only 31 did not auto-route, among the 31 was this on very simple route that it didn't make sense why auto-route would not route it. I guess I was hoping not to manually intervene in the auto-route process.

jstone
4-Participant

Not too bad, 31 out of 380 not autorouted.  With myself I'll find little things like a branch not connected in the right direction, violate a bend radius, the intended path is not the nearest, ect.

jroeber
4-Participant

Is the bend radius on the spool for this wire the same or less than other wires following this route?

You mention other wires autorouting on the same network path.  Do the other wires fully follow some other wires, from entry port to entry port?  I have had troubles with locations on Entry ports being on csys instead of on Entry Ports.

M_Haßlöcher
4-Participant

Hi,

my experience about "No Path through Network" is following:

At all, the Error means he cannot route the wire through the shortest path.

So go down step by step to find the root cause.

Are the Entry Ports defined correctly?

Is the Network at EVERY Position tangent and has no flipped end?

Is the Network from Entry_Port to Entry_Port connected and do not end in front of?

Do you have tested to decrease the min.bend radius value to 0.01 ?

Do you have perahps splice connections in between, which are not defined correctly?

Do you have Bundles over another Bundle, that's NOT working in Cabling !

Tipp:

Go out of Cabling, in Modeltree Insert Mode to first Feature in Harness Part, regenerate it in cabling back and then cancel the insert mode.

That will deeply regnerate all Cabling Featues and Update alll Location references etc...

Good Luck

Cabling is always like an adventure 🙂

Martin

Top Tags