cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 2.0: Restyle

Jacek_Mydlikows
6-Contributor

Creo 2.0: Restyle

I decided to start new topic regarding the Restyle.

I do want to point out real problems I encounter instead of asking questions in general.

So, at first, I want know the differance between projecting the surface created in REX on facetted geometry vs Assaigning Domanin to surface and then Fit Surface to Points?

The results seems to be same if curve form network is considered or am I wrong?

1 REPLY 1

ok, I think I`ve got the clue:

1) you can not assign to domain polynominal surfaces like box, corners, at so forth

2) projecting complicated network surface on Facet geometry does better job then assigning it to the domain first and then pushing Restyle to Fit it to points.

3) projected surface can be fit to points

4) making a domain does have broader sense for analitycal surfaces like plane, cylinder and so forth

Now, next topic: Curve projected on facet geoemtry

it is cute you can either project Style curves or sketched ones(yes, you can make sketch in restyle but you have to switch to Model tab if Creo is considered) on facet geometry

to me it(projecting) - in theory - should result in more explicit geometry rather than making cuve directly on facet geoemtry

but, there is a problem - at least on the example I am dealing with:

* projected curve does not looks same as its sketched reference

Does anyone know why it happens?1.jpg

Extra

I strongly advise to make splines by sketching them in Sketcher instead of selecting Style Curve form Curve menu in Restyle. My reasons:

* Style included in Restyle allows you to create only planar curves(sic!)

* Restyle does not provide improved interface while modifing the curve. It is the same ugly, complicated menu you can encounter in Curve through points advanced options prior to Creo (yes,this is valid in Creo 1.0, because I make my test on this platform)

* Style curve created in Restyle does not provide you upper degree of equation. You are simply left with 3 deg curve same as in ordinary sketch(valid for Creo 1.0)

2.jpg

Top Tags