cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 2.0 on Windows10 - Having trouble to click select parts in Assembly mode.

skang-5
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 on Windows10 - Having trouble to click select parts in Assembly mode.

Hi Everyone,

I have just recently bought a new laptop that runs Windows10. I have installed Creo 2.0 (M110). So i am having some issue on click select parts on Assembly files.

The issue is that on an assembly mode, there are multiple parts already fully assembled. When i wanted to click select on a specific part on the assembly. Sometimes it takes multiple click for me to be able to successfully select a part on the assembly. But if a click select the part on the "Navigator Window", i could select the part on my first click.

I suspect it there is a conflict between Creo 2.0 on Windows 10, This is because my colleague who is running on Windows 7 don't have this issue even though we are running the same Creo 2.0

So i have installed a Windows 7 virtual drive on my laptop, to my surprise. I could select any part on my first click. I didn't face the same multiple click to select as on Windows10

I have searched around, i could only find problems faced by using Creo 2.0 on Windows 10 are the"unable to zoom" issue only.

So could anyone have any solution to help solve the issue i am facing? Or are the anyone else having the same issue as me as well?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

try uninstalling mouse driver software.

MH

Martin Hanák

We're seeing this same selection problem in Creo 3.0 M090. Also, for us it is more than just parts. We have the same intermitent selection behavior on features, quilts, etc.

Hi,

you can test Windows 10 settings mentioned in:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/fail-to-select-objects/td-p/20136

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin! Chaning the "size of text, apps, and other items" in the display settings to 100% does the trick for us. Although this isn't an ideal solution because the buttons and text in Creo get too small to read easily for some users. It's a nice workaround for the time being. I've submitting a case to PTC so hopefully they'll fix it in a future build.

I have Creo 2 on Window 10 and when I clik a letter or number on the key board the lettre appear twice, do you have a solution to this problem

thanks

Hi,

I met the same problem at our customer.

Creo 2.0 M030 ... problem was reproducible

Creo 2.0 M240 ... problem was not present

This means you have to install newer build of Creo 2.0.

Martin Hanák

Thanks MartinHanak

Where I find the newer build of Creo 2.0. ?

how I install it ?

Did they newer build of Creo 2.0. cost something ?

If you have Maintenance, you can download the latest datecodes and release form here:

PTC Software Download

If you don't have maintenance or unable to access the page, you will need to contact the Sales team:

Contact Us - Get in Touch with a PTC Sales Representative

Thank you,

Amit

Top Tags