cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 2.0 trail file

Marshdamp
7-Bedrock

Creo 2.0 trail file

I had a setup in Wildfire 4.0 that used a trail file to create and set parameters on models using the old side menus. I have the same thing going in Creo 2.0 but it is causing Creo 2.0 to exit in certain situations. In Wildfire 4.0 these same situations just cause it to stop running and you can continue on with your day,

A portion of the trail file is listed below. It works great most of the time. It causes Creo 2.0 to exit if you run it on a locked family table instance or if one of the parameters already exists but is not a string type parameter. They both generate a trail file out of sequence error and Creo winks out of existence . In Wildfire 4.0 a very similar trail file would also generate an out of sequence error but it would just stop processing the file and Wildfire wouldn't go bye-bye. Anyone have an idea on how I could get Creo to stop exiting on these sequence errors? We are on M210 of Creo 2.0 if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Michael

Here's chunk of the trail file. The sequence error happens within the first 10 lines in both cases.

!trail file version No. 1600

!Creo  TM  2.0  (c) 2012 by Parametric Technology Corporation  All Rights Reserved.

~ Command `ProCmdMmParams`

#CREATE

#CONFIRM

#STRING

DESCRIPTION

#MODIFY

#CONFIRM

#DESCRIPTION

I'm

#CREATE

#CONFIRM

#STRING

DESCRIPTION2

#MODIFY

#CONFIRM

#DESCRIPTION2

gonna

#CREATE

#CONFIRM

#STRING

DESCRIPTION3

#MODIFY

#CONFIRM

#DESCRIPTION3

crash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh, yea.  My bad.  Unfortunately, when I run it as a txa file, it just gets the out of sequence error when the confirm prompt is not presented, no quick exit.  We're using M160 and M200.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hey, Michael!

Man, that's old school, ha!  One quick question, are you trying (or have you tried it) as a txa file?

At first blush, I can't get the trail to run at all.  Error at the first Modify.  No parameter created at all.

Funny test :-).

I guess I should have mentioned that you need to set a config option to get the old parameter menus: new_parameter_ui no.

Oh, yea.  My bad.  Unfortunately, when I run it as a txa file, it just gets the out of sequence error when the confirm prompt is not presented, no quick exit.  We're using M160 and M200.

Running it as a TXA file seems to be the solution for my set up. It lets the trail have an error without causing Creo to exit. Thanks for the suggestion!

There is/used to be a config option for suppressing out of sequence failures for trail files:

continue_from_oos true

Apparently that is long gone. Now one is reduced to (from Olaf Corent site)

set_trail_single_step no,yes

txa is better, because there are training commands that can be added

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:dschenken)

There is/used to be a config option for suppressing out of sequence failures for trail files:

continue_from_oos true

Apparently that is long gone.

I believe this is not true.  PTC's site has an article that says it's relevant from Creo 1- 4.

Purpose and syntax of environment variable CONTINUE_FROM_OOS

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS34323

cs34323.jpg

Do you mean mapkey rather than trail file. Trail files allow you to attempt to recover to a stable point when you have done a ton of work and the system crashes. With a map key you can record a 'macro' that adds all the parameters and relations etc then just run it in the 'blank' model that is missing info.

It's a bit of both. I have an external  program that takes user input and spits out a custom trail file that a mapkey then executes. The trail file creates and sets values on several parameters. It's the same trail file every time except for the parameter values.The problem is the model can have some conditions that cause the menus to behave differently than the trail file is expecting. When it is run against a locked family table instance, for example, the trail file executes #CREATE and is expecting a box to pop up where it can enter the parameter name.Instead, it gets a message about the instance being locked and no place to enter a parameter name. In WF4 the trail file would give an out of sequence error and just stop executing at this point and the user could keep working with the model. Creo2 gives an out of sequence error and promptly exits when this happens. Ideally the user would not run it against a locked instance in the first place but users do what users do.

Top Tags