cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 2 Preload vs Fastener

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Creo 2 Preload vs Fastener

Hi all,

I want link two plates with a hole with a preloaded bolt.
With the fastener feature you have to do two analysis to have the right value of preload (axial_force).

(this thing should change in Creo 3 with only one run)

The two plates are not bonded, but in contact with a contact region, and there is a measure of force on that region that, at the end of the second run, it gives the value of force equal at the preload value.

This does not happen if I model the bolt with solid elements and I use the new creo feature "preload".
I've done in this manner:

- two plates with contact region
- screw and nut solids and bonded toghether
- one contact region between the head of screw and the 1st plate
- one contact region between the nut and the 2st plate
- a volume region on the stem of screw where you applies the preload

The force that the two plates are exchanged is lower that the preload and it changes if you increase the volume region on the stem.

Where I am wrong?
Which is the correct procedure?

Regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Like with the fasteners, with preload you have to run two analysis, adjusting the first value with a measure.

While with fasteners, you have the measure of the axial force created automatically by the feature, here you have to create a measure of force on the circular area of the volume region of the screw where you have put the preload.

Use that measure value to adjust the value of the preload in the same manner of the fasteners.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Like with the fasteners, with preload you have to run two analysis, adjusting the first value with a measure.

While with fasteners, you have the measure of the axial force created automatically by the feature, here you have to create a measure of force on the circular area of the volume region of the screw where you have put the preload.

Use that measure value to adjust the value of the preload in the same manner of the fasteners.

Hello Giulio,

this sounds as if it is the answer to your original question, found out by experimenting, right?

Maybe we should mark the post as Correct Answer (and Steven's alternate suggestion with advanced fasteners in Creo 3.0 as Helpful), to indicate that there is an answer to the question in this thread?

Gunter

gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:gkoch)

Yes

I was waiting for watching if someone else had something to say, maybe correcting what I've said

Top Tags