cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo 3.0 & 2.0 Student Editions not opening new manufacturing window and not returning an error. Anybody seen this problem before or know how to fix this issue?

acastro
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 & 2.0 Student Editions not opening new manufacturing window and not returning an error. Anybody seen this problem before or know how to fix this issue?

As the title states. I am able to create .prt files with ease and usually the next step after the final save would be to open a new manufacturing window. The recurring problem is that a new window will open then immediately close or not open at all. All computers this problem arises on are running Windows 10. Is this an issue with the OS or something did not install correctly perhaps?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:acastro)

This seems to be a license issue. If you don't have license for manufacturing, it will not process. I don't have much information about student licenses however you can check your license about availability of manufacturing licenses. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Abel,

Is there any message in Message area?

"Using the template default C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\templates\inlbs_mfg_nc.asm as the template." Shows up in the bottom message area, but that doesn't really tell me that there is a problem. I think as far as the program is aware, the manufacturing window is opening flawlessly.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

This seems to be a license issue. If you don't have license for manufacturing, it will not process. I don't have much information about student licenses however you can check your license about availability of manufacturing licenses. 

How exactly do I go about checking if the manufacturing license is included in the student license pack?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

You can check that information in Creo session under File > Help > System Information,

Under Configured Option Modules check for license related to NC-....

Again I don't have much information about student license, however licensing can be the reason.

gkoch
1-Newbie

Windows 10 is not yet supported - while this does not necessarily mean it is not working, it could very likely relate to the strange effects.

As far as I know support is planned with Creo 2.0 M190 and Creo 3.0 M070, but I don't know how about Student Editions.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Abel,

Did you get a chance to look in your license?

Yes I did and this appears to have been the problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

As earlier replies help you, you may mark appropriate replay as correct answer for the post.

Top Tags