cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

[Creo 3.0] AFX - change default profile names for all assembly

cadbart
10-Marble

[Creo 3.0] AFX - change default profile names for all assembly

Hi,

I'm using Creo Parametric 3.0 with basic AFX licension right now. In my project need numerical names for all profiles (e.g.: J900-000-01, J900-000-02, J900-000-03, etc... inside the assembly). I noticed that Creo automatically increments newly created profiles by giving them my-prefix_profile-type-name_auto-increment-number name (e.g.: J900-000_PROFILE_45X90_1). the only thing I need is to remove the _PROFILE_45X90_ suffix which Creo adds automatically. I tried to find it out but even inside Project Parameters I didn't found the option which could be helpfull. 

Do you know how can I achieve that? 
Thank you in advance for all replies!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @cadbart ,

here is the helpcenter topic that has the info you need:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/#page/advanced_framework%2FTo_Define_a_Component_Naming_Scheme.html%23

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi, Sam,

Huge thanks for your reply! That's exactly what I was looking for. I've got created this element_name.txt file but I've no idea how to load it into specific Creo project. I ain't found no info about this in manual inside AFX tab. Also tried to find some global or AFX option in Creo which would be responsible for it but cannot see such the option. Do you know how to load this file so that it could works with particular project (or maybe even globally)?

Hi @cadbart ,

you just place the file into creo_install/common files/afx/parts/ and then into the folders that should use it.

For example if you place it in profiles then all profiles will from now on have that modelnames.txt configuration applied.

Repeat the process for all folders if you want to use the same scheme for all new AFX models.

Hope this helps.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Sam, it works perfectly, thank you very much! The last thing I'd like to improve is to add preceding zeros for numbers from 1 to 9. Now my configuration is: PROJECT_SHORT#-#ELEMENT_NUMBER and while creating new AFX project I give the name which should be constant for all profile (e.g. J10-002 - this name will be served by PROJECT_SHORT parameter) and then Creo automatically adds incremental numbers starting from 1 (it is served by ELEMENT_NUMBER param). In effect I receive the names like this: J10-002-1, J10-002-2, J10-002-3, ..., J10-002-10, J10-002-11, and so on. I'd love Creo to create the names in which the last part of this name is always two-digit. So in this example it should be: J10-002-01, J10-002-02, J10-002-03, ..., J10-002-10, J10-002-11, and so on. Is it possible for Creo to add these preceding zeros for numbers from 1 to 9? 

Hi @cadbart ,

sure that is no porblem. Just open AFX Options dialog and change the option ELEM_NUMBER_DIGITS to the desired amount.

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r7.0/usascii/#page/advanced_framework%2FAFX_Configuration_Options.html%23

Hope that solves that issue.

Greetings Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Oh yes, now it's perfectly great! Thank you very much Sam for your replies, these were hugely helpful.

Greetings!

Top Tags