cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 3.0 M060 - has anybody else encountered "Ghost" Layers???

mtrautner-2
4-Participant

Creo 3.0 M060 - has anybody else encountered "Ghost" Layers???

some of my users are experiencing issues with layers recently.Here is what's going on:

All quilts,surfaces and copy_geometry layers are hidden, layer status has been saved and the part file has been saved as well.

Next time the user opens the part it shows a quilt from copy geometry, but it is actually a ghost layer: you can' select it or hide it, it's just there.

See below:

Creo30M60_layer_issue.jpg

The current work around is to unhide all layers and hide them again, but that's not satisfactory long-term wise.

Does anybody else have the same issue or is this just one of this bugs, we will have to learn to live with?

Thanks

Markus

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I think I've seen what you're talking about. Quilts not obeying the rules of the layers they live on.  I've never seen any additional layers, though. Not sure if you were saying that actual layers were being created or just that it seemed like it.  I saw it with Creo 2 as well, I believe.

Your work around is the only fix that I know of.  I've been running Creo 3 M070 and haven't seemed to see it as often.  Maybe an upgrade will help if you can do it.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hi Doug,

quilts not obeying the rules of layers they live on, is the a pretty good description of the issue. I noticed that there is no difference between standard layers or custom layers created by the users.

I'll give the update a try when we go to the next revision of Creo 3.

Thanks

Markus

Yes. We have the same problem. Items that are supposed to be hidden suddenly become visible. (Particularly quilts.) I have not noticed the "ghost layer" issue. We use the same workaround that you do. We are using Creo 3, M040. This is one of many bugs in Creo 3. PTC should have named this release, "Creo 3, the mistake version". I hope that PTC is more careful with Creo 4.

Yes, we have same issue Creo 3.0 M080.

Another thing you may want to look into or be aware of is the layers you are showing don't appear to be rule layers they appear to be default layers which behave differently from rule layers. This may or may not be related to what you're seeing.

Top Tags