cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 3 - Select Drawing View

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Creo 3 - Select Drawing View

I'm embarrassed to ask this question, but how does one select a drawing view in Creo 3?

I've tried everything I can think of - hold the alt key, change the filter - no luck. I can place a drawing view, but once I do I can't move it, select it, or choose it for "show annotations".'

What am I missing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:TomU)

In the drawing tree maybe? Or did they sneak in some more "hold the Ctril key" to select?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yes, I can right click on it in the drawing tree and select 'properties', but I should be able to select it on the drawing.

I can't get the show annotations to work for ANY dimensions. I'm seriously missing something.

I never had to right click... just left mouse button in the drawing tree on the view and it would bring up whatever I had hilited in the show annotation filter. ... or the LMB of the features in the model tree below it.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Well PTC jumped all over this one. They called me!

The issue seems to come and go. It could clearly be demonstrated when we started the call, but now we can't get it to reoccur. It seems like maybe it has something to do with a config option, but not sure yet. As soon as one of us can figure out the problem I'll repost back to the community.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Minions!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EBS-uaFc2qU/Uc5MgBHghJI/AAAAAAAAC0c/eyqoS4w84vc/s128/851578_213405682141990_401156947_n.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Right, but in this particular case, the view itself could not be selected. Not with filter, not with select from list. It simply wasn't selectable.

bleech
1-Newbie

You may want to check the Drawing Tree to make sure you're not dealing with "Overlays". They can't be manipulated like a standard view. You need to call up the Overlay sub-menu from the Layout Tab. I don't use them very often - when I do I leave a bold annotation outside the drawing format to warn the "next" user that they're dealing with a sheet that contains Overlays.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bleech)

(welcome to the forum, Brad!)

Top Tags