cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo 4.0 - selecting a table to delete

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Creo 4.0 - selecting a table to delete

In the table tab, when selecting a table to delete, it picks the stuff around the table too so that when I press delete, it deletes more than just the table.

(I am coming from WF5.0 - so this may be something everyone else is used to or has adjusted to.)

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking? It's been a long time since I used WF5 but I don't remember much changing with respect to the selection and tables have always been very sensitive with respect to the location of the cursor pick. 

If you want to delete the contents of the cell and not the table itself, try using RMB, delete contents.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

Here are the two scenarios: WF5 first and then 4.0. WF5 only picked the table and not all the annotations around it as 4.0 didn't pick only tables, but the annotation is touched as well.

table_select_wf5-2.jpgtable_select4_0-2.jpg

With parameter, we find it easier just to delete the table and bring in the new table sometimes. Especially for specials where we do not "keep" the drawing except for a .dwg (yes AutoCAD viewer) before erasing.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Hmmm, not sure about that. I'm in Creo 3 and it doesn't select anything around the table. Everything comes from the format but the tables can be deleted without any of the other stuff being affected.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

In 4.0, I can then move the table only if I grab one of the grab points and then reselect it to delete the table, but I am hoping that this is not the permanent fix.

Hi,

ca you upload some example data created in WF5 ?

Martin Hanák

Hi,

1. create example files
  2. pack example files into single zip file
  3. click Reply button
  4. under text area click Browse button and select zip file

Martin Hanák
Top Tags