cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo 4.0 vs. Creo 3.0 Configuration Options

DaveMartin
16-Pearl

Creo 4.0 vs. Creo 3.0 Configuration Options

The attached Excel spreadsheet contains a comparison of the Creo 4.0 configuration options vs. the Creo 3.0 configuration options. The first tab shows the new 4.0 options that are available as of M030, and the second tab shows the 3.0 options that are in M150 but do not appear to be in 4.0.

I haven't verified if all the 3.0 options are truly gone; I was surprised that step_export_format, for example, was not listed in the 4.0 CSV file from PTC. Also, I performed the comparison manually using Excel, so forgive any mistakes. But I believe it is reasonably accurate.

dmartin@creowindchill.com 

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
2 REPLIES 2

Dave,

You comment caught me by surprise, so I had to go open Creo 4 and look for myself. You are correct that they removed "step_format_export" from the Creo 4 configuration options. They want you now to set up your own step export template.

Lance, I looked into this a little more. The STEP export profile file is a .dep_step file. Instead of step_export_format in Creo 3.0, you can point to this profile using the new option export_profiles_step. (In the spreadsheet, there are numerous new options that start with export_profiles_ for the various output types.)

When clicking File > Save As > Save a Copy, there is now an Options button to the right of the Type drop-down list that can be used to specify the STEP output format plus what you want to be included in the output.

Also, the spreadsheet lists a new option step_out_ap242_core_sem, but there's no explanation as to what it does. (I assume it exports semantic geometric tolerances.) According to the Knowledge Base, the option became effective in M020. However, when I tried to look for the option in M030, it wasn't recognized in the type-forward functionality, and there were no values available from the drop-down list.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
Top Tags