cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 4 - Snap Witness Line to Edge

jbsun
4-Participant

Creo 4 - Snap Witness Line to Edge

In Creo 4, when I've noticed that when I make a new drawing I am able to drag witness lines by selecting the white square at its base and if I hold "SHIFT" I can snap the line to be a fixed offset from an edge of the part. But after I've been working on a drawing for a little the ability to "snap" goes away. Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?

5 REPLIES 5
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:jbsun)

@jbsun

Can you share some video or steps ??

jbsun
4-Participant

After a couple months of using Creo 4 I have narrowed down the issue. It only happens in views with snap lines. So a new drawing view will allow you to "snap" the leader to the edge of the part, but once snap line are created in the view the the edge snapping goes away. The only way to get edge snapping back is to delete the drawing view and recreate it.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@jbsun 

Did you get a chance to test this in new available datecode of Creo 4.0 i.e. M080? Any video or steps????

jbsun
4-Participant
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

I'm on date code M060. My workplace doesn't update to new date codes (which is frustrating). But the steps to recreate are simple. Create a part and drawing, show a dimension, hold shaft while grabbing the end of the leader line, snap it to the edge of the part (it should work). Now create a snap line anywhere on the view. Try to snap the leader line to the part edge again and it won't work.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@jbsun 

Submit a case for PTC Tech. Support to address this issue. 

Top Tags