cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo 4 on Lenovo

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Creo 4 on Lenovo

Has anyone been running Creo 4 on Lenovo computer?  Laptops or desktops.  I have not heard nice things about Lenovo computers overall lately.

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:STEVEG)

Lenovo with what graphics?

No I don't use Lenovo computers, but performance of computers with Creo is graphics related.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

... performance of computers with Creo is graphics related.

Yes, and no.  The graphics card does matter, but not nearly as much as the single thread (core) processor (clock) speed.  Work in Creo for a while and monitor the CPU usage and the GPU load.  It's not very often that the graphics card will be heavily taxed.  Typically the CPU is where the bottleneck is at.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenLoosli)

With one of the approved graphics cards.

jmikesell
15-Moonstone

We have deployed two P71 Thingpad Workstations in the last few weeks with no problems. They both have i7 processors and dedicated graphics. We are running Creo 4 M020 and M040.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I'm one of the dissatisfied Lenovo customers.

I am running a P70 with the M3000M. 

It could use a little more graphics horsepower. 

Graphics is still the lowest score on the Microsoft satisfaction scale.

Only experiencing minute highlighting artifacts when moving with a 3D mouse on occasion.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I noticed that jmikesell said they have P71's but Tom has P70's.  I checked the differences and the P71 seem to be much better than the P70.

P70 uses the M5000M graphic card and P71 uses the P5000 card.  The ratings show much better performance.

I am very curious if anyone else are using either of these models.

bmüller
13-Aquamarine

Hi!

We use P50 (M2000M) and P310 (M4000, i7-6700). on Creo 2.0 M220 - only short test with Creo 4.0 (was even 20% faster).

We have just run several benches with a P710 (P6000, E5-2637 v4). OCUS Bench and several demanding tasks we need frequently.

Single Thread CPU-Speed is the most important component! The i7 has a little bit more turbo and is therefore a little bit faster. P6000 or M4000 + P710 - no difference. (P310 + P6000 was not possible)

• Number of RAM-Modules - no impact.
  • PCIe SSD - no real impact except on load/save.
  • GPU only has load if you rotate your view.

br Bernhard

Top Tags