cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 4 using 4K (3840 x 2160@60Hz)

qwertasdf
4-Participant

Creo 4 using 4K (3840 x 2160@60Hz)

New Dell m7720 coming (Xeon, 64GB RAM, Quadro 5000 GPU) with Thunderbolt dock. I think I'm going to attempt to use a BENQ PD3200U 32" 4K Monitor.. Currently using 2x 24" Dell 1920x1080pm Monitors, but thinking with the monitor window management and Win 10 Snap assist I'll be able to use a single large 4K monitor.

Can anyone confirm Creo 4 was built with 4K scaling in mind? Or are we still looking at band-aids to get it to look ok?  Anyone running 4.0 with decent hardware and 4K??

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-use-windows-10s-new-snap-assist/

http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/pd3200u/features/

https://www.pny.com/nvidia-quadro-p5000

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is a known issue to PTC as I reported it a while ago. Apparently they fixed an SPR in M140 that changed the auto rotation algorthim when using a 3Dconnexion mouse. The orientation centre being visible all the time is being sorted for the next datecode so I'm told.

You should notice that the behaviour of your 3d mouse is different than it was if you turn off your spin centre. It kind of re-centres itself when you zoom in then release then start spinning again. It's pretty good when you get used to it. However, it appears to have gone back to the old way in Creo 4.0 M020  which is another issue!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What Creo application and version are you using?  I'm using Creo parametric 2.0 with a Space Navigator and see the opposite.  Using the Navigator I see nothing, spinning with the middle mouse button I get this:

Capture.JPG

I've done nothing special in either the Navigator or Creo config files that I'm aware of.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
qwertasdf
4-Participant
(To:dgschaefer)

I'm using Creo 3.0, M140. I should mention that I did not have this problem on M120 and it only appeared when I upgraded to M140. 

This is a known issue to PTC as I reported it a while ago. Apparently they fixed an SPR in M140 that changed the auto rotation algorthim when using a 3Dconnexion mouse. The orientation centre being visible all the time is being sorted for the next datecode so I'm told.

You should notice that the behaviour of your 3d mouse is different than it was if you turn off your spin centre. It kind of re-centres itself when you zoom in then release then start spinning again. It's pretty good when you get used to it. However, it appears to have gone back to the old way in Creo 4.0 M020  which is another issue!

Scott, 

Our company just installed the M150 build for Creo 3, did PTC ever fix the constant orient symbol issue?  It's there and it's frustrating!  Do you know of a list of SPR's for me to search for this fix?  Cheers

Yes, the constant orient symbol issue has been fixed.

I am using Creo 4.0 M080 and it works perfectly well. I am sure they fixed it in Creo 3.0 too, but I think in M160. The only fix was to upgrade the version of software. If you can I would try using the latest Creo 3.0 version rather than M150.

See article CS268780.

It might be worth updating your version of 3Dconnexion software too, if you haven't already done so.

Top Tags