cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 5 windows issue

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Creo 5 windows issue

Hello all, i recently up-graded to Creo 5 from Creo 3. I have some very annoying issues which are mostly window & menu related. It is driving me insane!!! So basically every time a open a part, a drawing or an assembly the window does not open fully to my desk top space. Even the initial launch of the software results in a window that requires me to manually maximise the window to make it fit my desk top space. I have to do this for every window i open. I did not have this issue in Creo 3 or any of the previous releases. My config file is copied from my existing Creo 3 installation & contains the option 'open_window_maximized yes' so i cannot understand why i have this problem.

Another equally annoying issue is that of any menus appearing behind the main Creo window or on top of one another. This is resulting in hundreds of extra mouse clicks ever day trying to access the menus. Why when a menu appears it cannot pop up in the top right hand corner of the screen I'll never know. As it stands they pop up in the most random of places usually dead centre of my screen covering my model or drawing view meaning the menu needs moving out of the way. 

Is anyone else having similar issues or knows of a way to resolve this very annoying behaviour?

I have to say I am less than impressed with this up-grade to Creo 5 but i will save that rant for another post. 

John 

3 REPLIES 3

I have a similar issue in that there seems to be some sort of hard-coded default column width whenever I open anything that is presented in a tabular format (family tables, parameters, File->Prepare, etc.) The columns are invariably too narrow to see anything, maybe 6 characters. The window is also far too small so that the last column on the right is not visible by default.

It seems that someone has not done the proper calculations when determining the necessary window and column widths for the GUI.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:John.Pryal)

Hey John!  I'm still on Creo 3 but I feel your pain.  I find that many times the Server Management window somehow disappears and ends up buried under the working window, and only when I go do something else and minimize the main window that I realize that it needs to be closed.  It leads you to believe it closed the window but for some stupid reason it hides it.  WTH???  At least that window doesn't stop you from doing work.  The worse ones are error message pop-ups that lock your system up until you hit a button....and they bury themselves behind everything, so you're sitting there for 15min wondering why your system is locked up, only to find the window behind everything else.

I agree, this is an issue that needs to be fixed, and has needed to be fixed for a long time.  I guess they're too buys giving us fancy new ribbons to fix the bugs...

I just thought I would update this post as I managed to resolve the issues detailed herein. I realised yesterday that I did not have the latest graphics card drivers installed on my machine, so did an update & 'hey presto', the issues I was having since up-grading to Creo 5 have disappeared. I feel liberated, this is going to save me 100's possibly 1000's of mouse clicks every week.

John

Top Tags