cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 6.0 Appearances Library - colors too dark

Tiago_Denczuk
4-Participant

Creo 6.0 Appearances Library - colors too dark

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 6.0 (connected) Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.4.0

Colors in Appearances library appear much darker than they are supposed to be. I have already read thorough CS328931 and troubleshot graphics card. Other users in my organization have similar hardware but don't encounter the same problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Tiago_Denczuk wrote:

I am using a Dell laptop with UHD Graphics. This configuration is not shown as Certified and Supported. That said, other people in my team are using similar hardware and don't have the Appearances issue. 

Hi,

sometimes the problem can be resolved by installing older graphic card drivers. Try installing 1 or 2 year old drivers and let us know.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Your appearance gallery display darker colors than expected and the article 328931 suggests that this is caused by the option graphics set to win32_gdi.

One way to check that is to display your display information like so:

remy_0-1660025991053.png

Can you paste your and confirm that the line Creo Parametric Graphics Type shows indeed : OPENGL

By elimination this will confirm the article does not apply to your situation.

Tiago_Denczuk
4-Participant
(To:remy)

Graphics Type is indeed OpenGL.
The only thing not supported is OpenGL Frame Buffer. I don't think that this should be causing the issue:

Tiago_Denczuk_0-1660063105342.png

About the Frame Buffer, try the option  enable_opengl_fbo yes.

Hi,

FYI ... in my notebook there is Intel UHD Graphics 620 and I can see the same "problem" when using OPENGL in Creo. The root of this problem is incompatibility between graphic card and Creo.

Martin Hanák

I am using a Dell laptop with UHD Graphics. This configuration is not shown as Certified and Supported. That said, other people in my team are using similar hardware and don't have the Appearances issue. 

Here is to understand what Certified and Supported entile: http://support.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/status.htm 

@Tiago_Denczuk wrote:

Hi,

sometimes the problem can be resolved by installing older graphic card drivers. Try installing 1 or 2 year old drivers and let us know.

Martin Hanák

I had previously installed a few older drivers, but hadn't tried to go back that far. Installing 2+ year old Intel graphic card driver solved this problem. Here's hoping that this won't affect other applications. 
Thank you for the help.

@Tiago_Denczuk wrote:

I had previously installed a few older drivers, but hadn't tried to go back that far. Installing 2+ year old Intel graphic card driver solved this problem. Here's hoping that this won't affect other applications. 
Thank you for the help.

Hi,

please tell me what driver version did you install. I would like to test it on my notebook.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I installed driver version 27.20.100.9466.

Hi,

version 27.20.100.9466 resolved the problem on my notebook, too.

Martin Hanák

To prevent any future automatic device driver updates I used 1-st solution from https://superuser.com/questions/1507210/how-to-stop-windows-from-updating-my-intelr-hd-graphics-630-driver page.

Martin Hanák

@Tiago_Denczuk 

My problem was with a config setting although I could never really explain why

pro_texture_library

or possibly

texture_search_path

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Why-are-all-my-appearances-dark/m-p/299194

@StephenW 

Unfortunately that solution didn't work for me.

To eliminate your config.pro/config.sup/customization, close creo and temporarily rename the following files

config.pro

config.sup

creo_parametric_customization.ui

Relaunch Creo, if the problem goes away, there is an issue in your configuration settings.

If the problem remains, it is somewhere besides your settings.

Don't forget to rename the files back after testing.

Top Tags