cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 7.0 sketcher constraint color, black on dark background

tbuffington
Bedrock

Creo 7.0 sketcher constraint color, black on dark background

Using Creo 7.0 as of today, I use the dark per-Wildfire dark background, the sketcher constraints appear black on the dark background, they appear light colored when I hover over them, is that the intent?  Sketcher appearance is grayed out so I'm unable to change the constraint color.  Is PTC trying to force people to use the default/light background???

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Creo 7.0 sketcher constraint color, black on dark background

@tbuffington wrote:

Using Creo 7.0 as of today, I use the dark per-Wildfire dark background, the sketcher constraints appear black on the dark background, they appear light colored when I hover over them, is that the intent?  Sketcher appearance is grayed out so I'm unable to change the constraint color.  Is PTC trying to force people to use the default/light background???

Hi,

if I set Creo 7.0 Dark Theme I can see following "picture".

dark.png

If you are using Custom theme (system colors file) defined in the past then you have to define a new one.

Martin Hanák

Yes, I was using the below colors, set in my config.pro, I'll try the dark theme.

system_background_color 256 256 256

Thanks, Tom

Martin,

Thanks!

Tom

@MartinHanak  

Do you know what settings need to be tweaked in a new systems color file that control the constraints?  A similar problem to @tbuffington except mine is with a white background, and they showing up as all white.  If i switch to the "light theme" that is set up, it fixes itself, but we have users that have very specific custom setups, and we would like to combine or tweak our old one to give this functionality.  Are you saying that we need to start with the new light theme and create custom files from there?  

@rsoukup wrote:

@MartinHanak  

Do you know what settings need to be tweaked in a new systems color file that control the constraints?  A similar problem to @tbuffington except mine is with a white background, and they showing up as all white.  If i switch to the "light theme" that is set up, it fixes itself, but we have users that have very specific custom setups, and we would like to combine or tweak our old one to give this functionality.  Are you saying that we need to start with the new light theme and create custom files from there?  

Hi,

I understand that you would like to save your time ... but sometimes it is better to start from the beginning, because this path certainly leads to the desired goal. So start with the new light theme and create custom files from there. I am sorry I have no smarter advice.

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the help on this, I was on other tasks recently, back on this and my sketcher lines and colors look fine to me, not sure what I changed.  Thanks again for your help.

You can control Sketcher constraints display in File - options - Entity Display - Constraint display settings:

2020-08-04_13-05-49.png

Announcements