cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo Agent Fails to Start

kkillian
1-Newbie

Creo Agent Fails to Start

I am attempting to use a .bat file to start Creo Parametric 4.0 on my desktop. The installation of Creo is on a virtual machine server, and I just have a shortcut on my desktop that points to the vm's installation of Creo (via the .bat file I was talking about).

I think this is causing the Creo Agent to malfunction, and in turn this screws up the Windchill server connection that I want to initialize.

I am sorry if this is a little vague, but I am new to the idea of linking an instance of Creo Parametric 4.0 to a PDM software like Windchill.

If anyone has any possible solutions (maybe an addition to the .bat file?) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kyle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesAvis
13-Aquamarine
(To:kkillian)

Did you set the variable CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH to the full path to creoagent.exe?

For example:  set CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=\\path\to\creoagent.exe

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JamesAvis
13-Aquamarine

Did you set the variable CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH to the full path to creoagent.exe?

For example:  set CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=\\path\to\creoagent.exe

That is an environmental variable, right? I will try this solution and see if it fixes my issue. Thanks for the reply.

So, one problem I am having with this is finding creoagent.exe. Doing a search through the file where Creo Parametric 4.0 is installed came up with no applications named creoagent.exe.

Is there a different name I should be looking for, or is it a problem with the install itself?

Hi,

in my local installation, I can see following path

E:\PTC\Creo4_M010\Creo\Agent\creoagent.exe

where E:\PTC\Creo4_M010 is installation directory.

MH

Martin Hanák
hxc
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:JamesAvis)

failing to start correctly

hxc
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:JamesAvis)

no

bhawley
5-Regular Member

Yes it is an environmental variable and you can set it with the "Control Panel, System, Advanced system settings, Environmennt Variables" for every user if you are only running one version of Creo.  Otherwise you will need to set it in a startup batch file to point to the right agent for the version you want to run.  In Creo 3.0 M120 the statement is CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Creo\Platform\3.135\creoagent.exe.  The 3.135 is the part that changes with every version you install.

There are plenty resources telling how to write a start batch file out there and a couple are acually useful, but it stiill took me a couple days to make it work the way I wanted it to.

Good luck.

Brian

Okay, so reinstalled everything, set the environmental variable in the .bat file and was able to launch Creo Parametric 4.0 with no problem (creoagent.exe working and everything), but now when I use the same exact .bat file, Creo does not lauch creoagent.exe correctly.

I did not change a thing between the creoagent working and not working. Any ideas what it could be?

Hi,

I think that the only one person who can help you is sitting on your chair .

MH

Martin Hanák
msteffke
12-Amethyst

Is this problem resolved or not?

It has been resolved, yes.

msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:msteffke)

Okay thanks.  Your last post showed you were still having issues. 

What is wrong with this software?  It can't install itself correctly?  This is a workaround that's never fixed in the install process.  This issues traces back a couple years.  Total bush league to require hand manipulating env variables to make installs work.

So, as it turns out, after talking to my IT guy I found out that the database that held all of the firewall policies got corrupted, which completely borked the way we were handling the install.

Top Tags