I'm using Creo Parametric 3.0's Cabling Application.
In the Creo Wire Harness Assembly, the following steps are followed:
- Create a new Harness Part. The remaining steps occur within the context of this new Harness Part.
- Create two Connector Parts ("A" and "B")
- Create a Cable ("C")
- Route the Cable between Entry Ports on the two Connector Parts, observe a new Cable Segment "D" is created as well.
- Add a Cable Location "E" in the middle of the Cable
- Split the Cable at Cable Location "E", forming Cable Segments "F" and "G"
- Insert a Marker Cosmetic which is associated with Cable Segment "D"
- Create a Bundle (no spool) "H" containing the Cable, with endpoints at the Entry Ports on each Connector Part
- Once the Bundle is created, Cable Segments "F" and "G" have been automatically removed, and replaced with a new Cable Segment "I".
- In the Reference Viewer, the Marker Cosmetic now has an Invalid Reference to no-longer-existant Cable Segment "D".
*** Detailed Reference Info ***
Reference Type: Feature reference
Used As: Local geometry reference
Warning: The reference is missing.
Referencing Solid: PRT0004.PRT
Referencing Feature: J48
Reference is in the Context of: PRT0004.PRT
Referenced Solid: PRT0004.PRT
Referenced Feature: *Cable/Bundle Segment id 3238 (Missing Feature)
Referenced Entity Id: 3238
Referenced Entity Type: Feature
Full Path: Warning: The reference is missing.
J48 -> PRT0004.PRT -> *Cable/Bundle Segment id 3238 (Missing Feature)
1) Is this behavior expected?
2) Is there any method or workaround to resolve this?
- scottThis thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.