cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo Family Tables

spurella
1-Newbie

Creo Family Tables

Hello,

I am trying to change one feature (for example holes) of a part with respect to a feature of another part in Creo 2.0 assembly. I used the reference pattern to do that. I then used family tables to change the dimensions of the feature of one part expecting the other part to change automatically. This process works for Generic models but not for the instances created in family tables. Can anybody suggest me the correct procedure to get the result?

Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you so much Antonius Dirriwachter for the reply. I have tried regenerating and verifying the instances. I couldn't see the assembly references of the components transferred to the instances. I finally got the option that links the generic assembly references to that of the instance. There is an option called "switch external references to the instances" in Tools tab of the family table window. We should make sure that it is selected in the main assembly (once) before we go to see the updated instances.

I am currently working on updating the drawings scale to one fixed value for any change in the size of the 3D model. I tried to write a relation that I saw online but it is not working for my model for some reason. Do you have any solution for me on this? Please let me know.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sometimes these things require multiple regenerations. Sometimes it requires verification of the family table.

I often see things change much later than expected, sometimes not until I close the file, erase history, and reopen the part.

When it comes to family tables, things get weird while in the session.

Also remember that if you are using relations, there is an option to apply the relation pre-or post regeneration.

If it is acting totally non-intuitive ()... file a support case to have tech support explain what is going on behind the curtain in your particular instance.

Thank you so much Antonius Dirriwachter for the reply. I have tried regenerating and verifying the instances. I couldn't see the assembly references of the components transferred to the instances. I finally got the option that links the generic assembly references to that of the instance. There is an option called "switch external references to the instances" in Tools tab of the family table window. We should make sure that it is selected in the main assembly (once) before we go to see the updated instances.

I am currently working on updating the drawings scale to one fixed value for any change in the size of the 3D model. I tried to write a relation that I saw online but it is not working for my model for some reason. Do you have any solution for me on this? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Top Tags