cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo Mouse Lag with windows 10 1903

gchen-2
7-Bedrock

Creo Mouse Lag with windows 10 1903

Hi,

I recently upgrade to windows 10 1903  enterprise   November   update. I got problem in both creo 5 and 6.

When the assembly is small (like single part), everything seems ok. when the model gets complicated, like 30 parts, i got sudden huge  lag when suddenly drag mouse to pan zoom.  it's not always happen,  lag for the first second, then good for a little while  . After little while, it starts lag again, i rotate the model a bit, then good again, then repeat.

The "good" period seems like it's reading cache of current model. 

I also noticed both verison of creo are stongly use signle core single thread now(i know CAD is single core, but before wasn't like this).  When i rotate model now, only single thread is 100%, lag is gone when that thread is low. Now the performance is waaaaaaay lower than my Core i5  6600 with nvidia gtx750.

No lag with manual click Pan Zoom under "Zoom" tab, no lag with mouse movement on screen(like i could play games...), just model lag when manipulate with mouse.

system is windows 10 1903 build 19025.1051, intel 5960X@4.3ghz, 56gb ram@2400mhz, Firepro w9100, monitor 1080p.

Creo are  6.0 M010 and  5.0 M040.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
gchen-2
7-Bedrock
(To:gchen-2)

unable to upgrade to newer creo for now. Did try reinstall or play with BIOS. 

gchen-2
7-Bedrock
(To:gchen-2)

update :

Temporary switch to Group B in AMD Radeon GPU driver Platform Compatibility.

Current driver version for Firepro  GPU  is 2019 .Q4, Known issue happens same on 2019.Q3 and 2019.Q3.1

With Group B setting,  i think i lose all GPU feature like SuperSampling , ECC GRAM,  8xEQ Anti Aliasing....

Hi,

the following recommendations are "without guarantee".

1.] set following config.pro option temporarily and test Creo behaviour

graphics  win32_gdi

2.] it seems to me that W10 "big" update can "corrupt" graphic card drivers,

therefore I am suggesting uninstall/restart/install graphic card drivers

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for helping !

however, win32_gdi wont help that lag, tried before post.

driver refreshed/upgraded, not work.

also tried  

use_software_opengl yes
graphics win32_gdi
spin_with_notes to no
spin_with_silhouettes to no
display_silhouette_edges to no
edge_display_quality to normal
shade_quality to 3
shade_with to no

none of works.

Any idea?

Hi,

my tips follow:

1.] uninstall 1903 update to see if the problem disappears

2.] report the problem to PTC Support

No other ideas 😞

Martin Hanák

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=subscription&n=CS169272 

You can also test following config.pro options

enable_opengl_fbo no
enable_opengl_vbo no
enable_opengl_shader no

Martin Hanák

enable_opengl_fbo no
enable_opengl_vbo no
enable_opengl_shader no

May i ask what are "enable_opengl_fbo no"and "enable_opengl_vbo no"?

FBO - Frame buffer object. Instead of rendering opengl data in screen window buffer (buffer which belongs to the OS window which is displayed on screen), everything is rendered in offscreen memory area which are called frame buffers. Once drawing finished, contents from framebuffer is sent to OS window for display on screen.

VBO - Vertex buffer objec. All 3d data (vertex, normal etc) is stored on the graphics card via VBO. OpenGL gives us an id for each VBO we create on the card. Once created rendering is very fast because everything is already on the card and all application need to do is to enable a given VBO visits ID.

Shader - instead of asking opengl to do lightingcalculations, we upload customer programs on the card so that we could do better lighting calculations. OIT (order independent transparency), phone lighting etc are possible only because of shaders.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I got fatal error when set enable_opengl_fbo to no. 

performance is like turtle when enable_opengl_vbo = no while the one above has to be yes. Hard to say,  but feels like lag is still there.

Exception  EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO  has  occurred  in  the  thread   140844.

No other idea 😞

Martin Hanák

Just one additional note.

I think AMD FirePro cards are used minimally. In PTC HW notes I found following support information related to Dell.

w7 ... AMD FirePro W8100 ... 15.201.2401 ... 09-Jan-2016

w10 ... AMD FirePro W7100 ... 16.50.2701 ... 10-Mar-2017

w7 ... AMD FirePro W9100 ... 15.201.2401 ... 23-Dec-2015

So my last suggestion is ... install older graphic card drivers.

Martin Hanák

LOOOL tbh didnt notice quite a lot change between old and new driver. Non gaming card, driver is the older the smaller the better.

Hi,

Rollback to 1809 is definitely  a worthy try, i can do that. i just contact AMD support, going to wait couple days, hope someone from PTC could address issue under thread.

I did't purchase PTC support, Im more like using Creo for academic now,

yup, need PTC insiders, begging for that pro GPU could brings some pro support from PTC.

Top Tags