cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo PDF print issue

TomášHlavinka
1-Newbie

Creo PDF print issue

Hello,

I would need your help to resolve a printing problem where sometimes i get wrong stamping in exported pdf:

V%C3%BDst%C5%99i%C5%BEek.PNG

I print it using File/save as/pdf/...

Screenshoots with print settings and .frm are enclosed.

Thnx

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You have definitely discovered a real bug. The format prints fine but in my version (M040) but also fails when I print the drawing with the bold text you show when I stroke fonts.

The problem is in the symbol (not the tables). I can redefine the symbol in the format and select all the notes (filter in the lower right hand corner when redefining the symbol) and set them to default, and the going back into the drawing, printing again, and all the symbol's text is thickness 0.

Please consider submitting this as a support case. For some reason, it is reading the text thickness in the format file correctly, but in the drawing it seems to be using inches.

When I go back and change one note in the symbol to 0.3 again (just one of them) several of the notes change along with it to being bold. Compare what my last output looked like:

quickPDF1.PNG

On the screen, only the material note (upper left) actually shows thicker and it shows thickness as in 0.3mm thick.. not 0.3 inches. But the print clearly shows many more text features becoming bold, likely 0.3 inches.

Next I updated all the symbol's notes to be 0.01 (presumably inch equivalent this time). The text note prints slightly thicker than zero thickness notes as expected. I use .012 on inch drawings and that is about what I get.

quickPDF2.PNG

It would be hard to believe that PTC doesn't already know about this. But it should be reported again.

As a work around for the time being, you can change the text style - thickness to inch equivalent of your current metric settings. That should get you by for now.

Furthermore, when I do select all the notes in the symbol, it does show the color to be different. I tried just changing this but no change the output.

I am certain this is a mix up with inch and metric settings somewhere. They may even excuse it as "expected behavior" but it has me baffled because I don't see the logic.

Also, I did all this with a clean config.pro (default install). Something really is weird.

Tomas,

just a couple of notes.

You created uploaded files in Creo Parametric 1.0 M030...

Creo 1.0 is obsolete software ... PTC finished its development and is working on Creo 2.0 currently. Creo 3.0 will be released in half 2014.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

Thnx for your note but i am just an employee and cannot buy a new version to finnish my task...

Do you have maintanence? If so, you don't have to buy the new version.

Top Tags