cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo PMI Compatibility issues with Zeiss Calypso 6.6

ptc-3053174
2-Guest

Creo PMI Compatibility issues with Zeiss Calypso 6.6

Hi,

We are facing compatibility issues with Zeiss Calypso software where we intend to export the model based dimensions from creo to the software(Calypso). Currently, all Feature control frame annotations can be viewed via the Calypso but all the rest of the model based dimensions are missing.

Do you have any work instructions to export creo PMI informations to external softwares (CMM).

Looking forward to your response. Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

What version of CREO are you using?  I tried CREO 4 M060 & M090 and can't get the FCF to even show up.  It will show the dimensions and tolerances but the FCF & features won't recognize properly, for instance a revolve was used and it only shows a line instead of seeing it as a hole.  Then tried an extrude with 2 hole features still doesn't work then 2 extrudes still no good.  Chamfers it doesn't like either tried that multiple ways as well.  CREO 5 doesn't translate correct & CREO 6 crashes Calypso.  This all leads me to believe the translator still needs some work.

I am using Creo3 M120. 

I believe so to. I have raised this to the local Calypso technical support team and they are working on it.

Will let you know if i get any update.

Stocken
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3053174)

Have you heard anything?

username99
4-Participant
(To:Stocken)

Pretty much gave up, they gave me an instruction manual on how to set-up the CREO model that said only to use created dimensions instead of the real driving dimensions which is completely counterintuitive.  Cost the engineer time to save quality time??  After setting up the model they way the instructions said it still did not work.  It was missing dimension tolerances, GD&T, etc. so we passed on purchasing the option.

Hello, if by any chance do you still have said document, could you share it?

Stocken
5-Regular Member
(To:username99)

Hello

We are also waiting a bit, more knowledge about GPS is needed on the part of the designers to be profitable and efficient.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

In this case, since Zeiss Calypso is the add on program, you probably have more luck on their forum or with their tech support. If you are just trying it out, Zeiss should be more than willing to help you, otherwise they will not get the sale.

Stocken
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Hej

As I see it now after using both Calypso and Creo, that Zeiss does not have the knowledge to explain how to do in Creo and PTC does not have the knowledge to teach how to customize for Calypso.

I see, but that is sad, we have been working on moving to MBE, but came to a big wall during inspection, the reason is Calypso, initially I thought it will be a transparent translation, but it is not, there are to many features (if i can call them like that) that are not recognized by calypso.

Stocken
5-Regular Member
(To:EnriqueNunez)

Hello

We just updated to Creo 8, I'll see if I can get another trial license to test with.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:StephenW)

FYI we are going to try this ourselves soon, but my understanding is that Zeiss works with a company that unzips the native Creo file for the translation. Given that it is a reverse engineering solution rather than something native from Creo or something that rides on top of creo it is going to have translation issues.

Stocken
5-Regular Member
(To:Chris3)

Hi

Calypso can read .prt files straight from Creo with another Calypso license, 

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Yes, but the prt format is encrypted so they contract with another company to unzip it and extract the data that they need.

Stocken
5-Regular Member
(To:Chris3)

Hi

So when I import a .prt file from Creo it is sent via Calypso to an outside company to be extracted before it loads the data?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

No. Like PTC, Zeiss works with vendors and folds vendor code into their own software. Calypso can read native prt files but I think they have a behind the scenes partner with code that they have folded into their own product.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-3053174)

Zeiss Calypso has a community that may be more helpful, not sure.

https://forums.zeiss.com/messtechnik/community/viewforum.php?f=13

Top Tags