cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo Parametric 3.0 Issue That Visually Displaces Fasteners

nhall
11-Garnet

Creo Parametric 3.0 Issue That Visually Displaces Fasteners

Hi,

I am having an issue where an assembly that is fully constrained now produces a graphical issues that shows every nut, washer and screw as though it is under-constrained. The constraints are still present and creo thinks they are in the correct physical location but visually, they are not. For example, if I were to select any of the imaged bolts below, I would have to move the cursor to the location where the head should be (butted up to the washer) and if I tried to select it from what I see, nothing would happen.

I have tried regenerating, repainting and it is an issue that has remained over multiple days, so the classic 'off-and-on again' hasn't solved it.

If anyone could provide insight, I would be truly grateful because this is a large assembly and I don't fancy having to re-constrain everything again!

Running Creo 3.0 and Windchill on a Windows 7 Desktop.

Thanks in advance!

Nick,

Running Creo 3.0 and Windchill on a Windows 7 Desktop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:nhall)

Nick Hall‌,

You might get better feedback in this group: Intelligent Fastener Extension - IFX  These are the guys who actually built this piece of the software.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Nick Hall‌,

You might get better feedback in this group: Intelligent Fastener Extension - IFX  These are the guys who actually built this piece of the software.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I've seen something similar but I can't remember what the fix was.

If you remove the fastener and add it back, does that solve the issue for that specific fastener? Is it just one fastener that shows the issue.

Is it repeatable on any other assembly or just this assembly?

Can you upload an assembly with the issue?

nhall
11-Garnet
(To:StephenW)

Removing and returning doesn't solve it. The problem actually occurs within the pop-up window during assembly too so the faces are all out of line with the body. No, every single fastener within the assembly. All fasteners in this assembly are part of Family Tables, so wonder whether that is playing a part?

Doesn't appear to be an issue with any other assemblies I have made but those were without using family tables.

Unfortunately cannot upload anything for company reasons.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Since you are using Windchill, have you tried re-downloading the fasteners? Is this IFX? I haven't used it other than a quick test, I don't remember them being family table hardware.

I think I would make a quick test assembly in fresh new workspace with a couple of parts and assemble the fasteners there.

nhall
11-Garnet
(To:StephenW)

The fasteners I am using were set up using an internal structure/part numbering system so are not from IFX, hence the family table.

The issue is actually semi-solved now:

I have created a new workspace and opened the relevant assembly in this new workspace. Fasteners are now back to how they should be. In response to Martin Hanak‌ switching on 'hidden line' display state, the bolts appeared to change to a different one but were located correctly, which leads me to believe that creo was perhaps pulling the wrong version of the Family table through.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Haha, family tables are awesome about 99% of the time for stuff like hardware. That other 1%, well, that takes up about 99% of your time trying to figure out what is happening!!

dschenken
21-Topaz I

It may have been pulling the wrong instance accelerator file.

Fundamentals > Family Tables > Working with Instances in Family Tables > Working with Instance Accelerator Files > About Instance Accelerator Files

About Instance Accelerator Files

Creo Parametric Help Center

nhall
11-Garnet
(To:dschenken)

After three iterations of check-out/check-in it appears to have solved the problem. Pretty sure it was the family tables, I haven't got deep enough in to understanding what was the problem but I am going to put it down to that!

Some work was done offline so my gut feeling is that it may have something to do with not syncing correctly the first time we brought the data online.

But hey-ho! Appears to be fixed for now

Thank you, all!

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

what "image" can you see, if:

• you set Hidden display mode ?
  • you set config.pro option graphics  win32_gdi and set Shading display mode ?

Note: It looks like bolts are in Exploded​ state ...

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags