cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo Parametric 4.0 crash down

Mechanic_13
4-Participant

Creo Parametric 4.0 crash down

Hi,

everytime I try to fix parts together in the assembly mode the programm shuts down and i have to start the whole Programm once more. But that does not solve the problem. It's not possible for me to make assemblies, only single parts. My computer is a new one from 2019 with the recommended properties.

Please can you help me!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Mechanic_13)

AMD Radeon and Nvidia GeForce cards may or may not work with CAD programs as they are designed for high end gaming, not CAD. 

Games use DiirectX and the chips are optimized to generate the display data in the GPU.

CAD uses OpenGL and these cards generate the display in their GPU.

When you use the opposite for the other purpose, the display generation falls back to the CPU.

I do know that Creo runs into limits as to how many parts may be open at one time and that limit varies by graphics card.

Try opening or creating an empty assembly, then add a single component and see what happens.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Please list your computer specs and what version/build of Creo you are using.

CPU chip

OS

Graphics card

Graphics diver version

memory

etc.

Mechanic_13
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi,

it's a Lenovo (E580 from 2019) with 8GB Ram, Intel Core i7, Radeon RX 17.1 and i'm using Creo 4.0 M030 Student Version.

Thanks! 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

AMD Radeon and Nvidia GeForce cards may or may not work with CAD programs as they are designed for high end gaming, not CAD. 

Games use DiirectX and the chips are optimized to generate the display data in the GPU.

CAD uses OpenGL and these cards generate the display in their GPU.

When you use the opposite for the other purpose, the display generation falls back to the CPU.

I do know that Creo runs into limits as to how many parts may be open at one time and that limit varies by graphics card.

Try opening or creating an empty assembly, then add a single component and see what happens.

Top Tags