cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Creo Parametric Freezing Up

JK_10313494
1-Newbie

Creo Parametric Freezing Up

Hi all, I'm using Creo Parametric 9.0.0.0 (Student Edition). I've never had any issues with tthis program before but now, whenever I hover over a plane when creating a new part, assembly, etc., The whole program freezes up and stops responding for minutes at a time. Checking task manager, it was using no more resources than normal but still froze. I tried restarting my computer which didn't help. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone know any fixes? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a solution! My whole computer has been super super slow after an update It did and it turns out it disabled my laptop's gpu card and instead was only using my CPU's built in GPU. Now that I reenabled them not only Creo but many other apps are finally running smoothly. Thank you for your advice!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JK_10313494)

This may be a video card driver issue or may be a configuration setting on that specific computer. 

You can start troubleshooting by re-naming any config.pro/config.sup, and the customization .ui file and then reopen creo and test to see if it is a configuration setting.

If not, then rename the settings files back correctly and add the option  graphics win32_gdi  to a config.pro file and re-open creo and test. If the problem goes away, the issue is with video card drivers. You will need to find a driver that works for you. Don't forget to remove the  graphics win32_gdi   option before testing new drivers.

What would change after doing what you reccommended for troubleshooting? I don't know quite what to look for.

I found a solution! My whole computer has been super super slow after an update It did and it turns out it disabled my laptop's gpu card and instead was only using my CPU's built in GPU. Now that I reenabled them not only Creo but many other apps are finally running smoothly. Thank you for your advice!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JK_10313494)

Glad you figured it out.

Top Tags