cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo Parametric Installation on DELL VX Rail System

MichaelWahlheim
3-Visitor

Creo Parametric Installation on DELL VX Rail System

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 4.0 (connected) 4.0 M130

it is possible to implement Creo Parametric on a DELL VX Rail System ?

2 REPLIES 2

If you want to install the code base on the VX Rail so it is acting as a server for all of your users, just load Creo locally and then copy the loadpoint to a mapped shared drive on the VX system. Creo does not use the registry for the installed image. I do this with 3 Creo/Windchill systems that server 14 users.

If I missed what you are trying to do, please clarify.

Hello,
thanks for answering
Background of my question:
I have a Citrix system with 5 Dell Precision workstations, with Catia, NX, Creo installations. Only the image data is transported to the local computer. The applications run on the Citrix PC in the data center. With this we have achieved a good utilization of the CAD PC's and also a good performance with home office users who do not have CAD laptops. Now I need and want to update the system. The question came up whether VXrail would also be possible. On VXrail I would also like to provide the PC's and no applications, because the link from Creo to additional tools probably does not work.
My questions are.
Is there anyone in the world who already tried this and would like to share experiences with the forum ?
Does the sharing of the graphics card memory between the PC's work ? Creo requirement is >= 4 GB. On the CAD workstations I have up to 8GB. What do I need on the VXrail systems ?
Is Hypervisor supported with Creo Parametric. On the support pages I only find a note that Creo View is not supported.
What else should I consider ?

regards Michael

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags