cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo Parametric Primer Cube and Strut

dwright-2
1-Newbie

Creo Parametric Primer Cube and Strut

I am very new to Creo and this is my first use of solid modeling software. I am doing the Creo Primer Cube and Strut exercise. I have created the solid parts of the cube and the strut, but when I try to create the assembly it appears that the cube and strut are of different scales. The cube is very small, in appearance and the strut is extremely large, 100 times larger in appearance. I believe that I have followed the directions in the Primer correctly and I don't see anywhere in the Primer where it mentions anything about setting any scale factor. I am assuming the solid part creation would be scale factor of 1 or Full size? Can anyone help me with this please?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:dwright-2)

i think you have modelled the parts in different units, most probably in inches and mm

check in "File-Prepare-Model Properties" for the units.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

i think you have modelled the parts in different units, most probably in inches and mm

check in "File-Prepare-Model Properties" for the units.

You are correct. Thank you very much for the answer. I did not not select a unit of measure when I created the two parts so I am wondering how one was mm and the other was inches?

Update. Is it possible to change the units after a solid part is drawn? I went in to the solid part that was not in mm's and selected change and mm, clicked set, but it doesn't seem to be accepting the change.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

yes propbaly you are selecting the first option, you have to select the second option which is to be used when you have wrongly chosen the units the first time you made the part.

the first option just changes the units from one to the other but keeping the size same, that is the reason you don't see any difference.

Top Tags