cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Pro 2.0 Silent Install

ptc-4733834
1-Newbie

Creo Pro 2.0 Silent Install

We just got the the CD for Creo Pro 2.0 and i was looking for a silent or unattenede install. there is only one setup file and it seems it does not take any command line parameters or may be i am missing something. we are deploying our softwares throug SCCM. it is possible to build an MSI package but i though may be there is someone that have an answer for my question

regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

well i know what a script is but i thought if you can post one to see what changes you usually use so i can compare.

I usually use InstallSheild Admin Studio to build MSI packages but any repackager will do the job. after running the CreoPro Installer it "admin studio" will scan the system for changes. I just excluded everything that comes outside this path "c:\program files\PTC" and excluded all the registry changes.

i run the MSI package with the /qb from SCCM and then run the Thmbviewer.msi then creoagent.msi then vcredist_x86_VS2010.exe.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ahmed,

I have never heard about installing ProE/Creo through SCCM. Normally CAD admins use the following procedure:

1.] install ProE/Creo on 1 PC

2.] zip installation directory into archive file

3.] copy zip-file to another PC

4.] unzip files

5.] run custom script to complete the installation

Silent installation is implemented in Creo 2.0 M020. See attached Word document.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi

i just created an MSI file "repackaging" and it worked. what script are you talking about ?? am running the viewer msi installer and agent afterwards.

Ahmed,

custom script is script (or batch file) created by customer. This script can for example create shortcuts for launching software, set environment variables, and so on... It depends on customer's needs.

Please can you post detailed description of procedure, that you use. I hope this kind of information can help other users.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

well i know what a script is but i thought if you can post one to see what changes you usually use so i can compare.

I usually use InstallSheild Admin Studio to build MSI packages but any repackager will do the job. after running the CreoPro Installer it "admin studio" will scan the system for changes. I just excluded everything that comes outside this path "c:\program files\PTC" and excluded all the registry changes.

i run the MSI package with the /qb from SCCM and then run the Thmbviewer.msi then creoagent.msi then vcredist_x86_VS2010.exe.

Ahmed,

unfortunatelly I can't post a script, because I do not have it (I am not admin in big company).

Thanks for posting information about creating and applying MSI files.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi im having an issue trying to build an msi, it builds fine using scaleable wininstall but when i go to deploy it via GPO it gives me an error saying to validate the msi / package.

anyone any ideas on the best way to deploy PTC Creo student edition on a network?

thanks

Hi,

Did anyone ever get this working in SCCM??

I'm trying to do the same now.

Regards,

Robert Bisset

We are deploying with SCCM.  We just have SCCM call our bat file that has this in it.

setup.exe -xml sim.p.xml -xml pma.p.xml -xml optsmdler.p.xml -xml layout.p.xml -xml dma.p.xml -xml creabose.p.xml -xml mathcad.p.xml -xml creothumbnailviewer.xml -xml creoviewexpress.xml -xml mathcadpdsi.xml -xml mkscomponents.xml

This is for Creo 3 but the same worked for Creo 2.  We also install the help the same way.

Top Tags